1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, COVID Clinic, and activities related to area economic recovery; hurricane response and preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane Hanna recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of August 5, 2020.
1. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers.
2. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee.
3. Nueces County Special Task Unit of Adult Protective Services.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
N. Authorize agreement with Brainfuse, Inc. to provide online tutoring and job assistance services to Nueces County Library patrons.
O. Authorize execution of agreement with Tidal Basin Government Consulting, LLC for RFP 3125-20 Grants Administrative & Project Management - Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT).
P. Rescind BuyBoard Contract No. 592-19 purchase with Daktronics, Inc. related to the replacement of the emergency notification marquee sign at the RMB Fairgrounds, in accordance with funding received from the Texas General Land Office, Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program.
1. Recognition of local photographer, Lisa Torres, for capturing the essence of Nueces County in pictures for the Nueces County Commissioners Courtroom.
2. Discuss and consider execution of an Affiliation Agreement with Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi for the purposes of allowing students to observe forensic pathology being practiced.
3. Receive a presentation from David Quin, Public Power Pool (P3), on Nueces County's electricity service contract, including renewal energy options for electric service; approve any required notices.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects to be included in an Energy Savings Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC; discuss and consider funding options.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #5 (TIRZ #5, Crosstown/SPID); appoint board member to TIRZ #5 Board of Directors.
6. Discuss and consider appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per commissioner precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
7. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2021, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
8. Discuss and consider selection of LNV Engineers, Inc. for the design and construction management services of New Public Restroom Facilities at Hazel Bazemore Park.
9. Discuss and Consider the selection LNV Engineering for the design and construction management services of Splash Pad to be located at Hazel Bazemore Park.
10. Discuss and consider the selection of LNV engineering for the design and construction management services of Splash pad located at Amistad Veterans Memorial Park, Bishop, Texas.
11. Discuss and consider the selection of LNV engineering for the design and construction management services of Splash Pad located at Harford Dr/Cliff Moss.
12. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and Hurricane Hanna response.
1. Discuss and execute Work Authorization No. 2 between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc. (LAN) for the Program Management Services for Nueces County 2019 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Projects.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Wheaton Engineering to provide engineering services for Hazel Bazemore Park Improvements; approve contract.
3. Discuss and consider allowing county staff to proceed with the process of renaming County Road 33 and Carbon Plant Road.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 19, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular