1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, COVID Clinic, and activities related to area economic recovery; hurricane response and preparedness; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane Hanna recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of July 29, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
J. Authorize execution of agreement with Nex Construction, Inc. for IFB No. 3126-20 McKenzie Annex Evidence Storage Room.
1. Receive presentation from Korn Ferry on the 2020 Nueces County Salary Market Analysis.
2. Receive a presentation from David Quin, Public Power Pool (P3), on Nueces County's electricity service contract, including renewal energy options for electric service; approve any required notices.
3. Receive presentation by Amistad Community Health Center regarding their services at Physician Plaza West for Covid-19 Clinic and proposal submitted.
4. Discuss and consider proposal for 2020-2021 tax rate for Nueces County, NC Farm to Market, and NC Hospital District; Commissioners Court must take a record vote and authorize publishing appropriate notices.
5. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of June 2020.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Hospital District action to establish, develop, and maintain a COVID-19-related Alternate Care Site at Corpus Christi Medical Center-Northwest located at 13725 Northwest Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas through an agreement with Corpus Christi Medical Center, an affiliate of HCA Healthcare (ACS Agreement), pursuant to Section 281.050, Texas Health and Safety Code; and approve the Hospital District’s use of non-tax funds to fund the ACS Agreement pursuant to Section 281.094, Texas Health and Safety Code.
7. Receive presentation from the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Coordinator on annual report to the U.S. Department of Justice for July 2020, in accordance with Settlement Agreement Project Civic Access - DJ #204-74-348.
8. Discuss and consider: (1) order ratifying the selection of Pruitt Consulting, Inc., as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access (2) approving payment of invoices Pruitt Consulting, Inc. for services as approved and detailed in such order (3) selection and execution of Professional Services contract for continued services as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access.
9. Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of the Perryman Group for economic analysis services related to Census Tracts 63 and 64 in Northeast Nueces County.
10. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and Hurricane Hanna response.
2. Discuss and consider resolution requesting the City of Corpus Christi to formally annex that portion of County Road 33 beginning at the intersection of County Road 33 and Farm to Market 43 in the south and running northerly until dead ending near Oso Creek.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3125-20 Grant Administrative & Project Management - Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT)
A. Consult with County Attorney on Cause No. 2020-CCV-61064-2: William A. Rickertsen vs. City of Corpus Christi, Mayor Joe McComb and County of Nueces, County Judge Barbara Canales; ratify the hiring of outside counsel, Darrell Barger and Michael Terry with Hartline Barger, LLP to represent Nueces County and Judge Barbara Canales in her official capcity; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 12, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular