1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of May 20, 2020, and May 27, 2020.
1. Resolution recognizing Gary Bushell.
2. Resolution in remembrance of Honorable Joaquin Villarreal III.
1. Announcement by Nueces County Judge of Appointees to the Nueces County Industrial Commission aka Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code - Christine Bryant, Oscar Martinez, and John Dawson.
1. The Commissioners Court will conduct a workshop to discuss and receive information and presentations related to regional flood protection planning and construction/rehabilitation phase activities. The Workshop will include discussion related to possible grant funding available under the Texas Water Development Board's Flood Infrastructure Fund.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
I. Ratify the acceptance of the 2019 Operation Stonegarden Grant.
L. Authorize a Goodbuy CO-OP Contract No. 20-8F000 (Vehicles) purchase from Silsbee Ford for five (5) 2020 Ford F-150 First Responder trucks for the Sheriff's Office and Constable offices.
M. Authorize a TASB BuyBoard State Contract No. 601-19 purchase from Rockdale Country Ford dba Caldwell Country for three (3) 2020 Ford F-150 First Responder trucks for Sheriff’s office and Constable offices.
1. Approve Quarterly Investment Reports ending December 31, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
2. Receive Debt Overview and Financial Update from Estrada, Hinojosa & Company, Financial Advisors to Nueces County.
3. Receive a presentation from the Medical Examiner Office Site Selection Committee on proposed location for a new Nueces County Medical Examiner Facility.
4. Discuss and consider execution of Professional Services Contract with Dandy Planning, LLC, DBA Gap Strategies, related to coordination and planning for the abandoned Harbor Bridge Right-of-Way.
6. Authorize the submission of a grant application to the Texas Water Development Board under the Flood Infrastructure Fund for regional flood protection planning.
7. Authorize the submission of a grant application to the Texas Water Development Board under the Flood Infrastructure Fund for construction/rehabilitation phase activities.
8. Receive presentation from Jimenez Engineering Solutions dba I.C.E. on Nueces County Mobile Command Center.
1. Discuss and consider in Department #3520 District Attorney, delete two positions-the Second Assistant (39/03) position and one Felony II (32/01) position. Create three new positions-Felony V (35/03) position, an Executive Secretary (23/01) position, and a Legal Secretary II (18/01) position. This will be a cost savings of $3469.44.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 10, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular