1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Resolution - Robstown High School Lady Pickers - Girls Basketball Team
2. Adopt resolution recognizing the Je'Sani Smith Foundation
3. Adopt resolution recognizing the London High School Powerlifting Team
1. Leticia T. Acevedo - Tax Assessor-Collector's Office, retiring after 31 years of service to Nueces County.
2. Announce June, 2020 Employee of the Month.
1. Appoint Board members for the South Texas Water Authority.
2. Appointment of Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities board members.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
V. Approve execution of an agreement Amendment No. 3 with Sec-Ops, Inc. for unarmed security services for the newly developed Nueces County Isolation and Community Protection Facility (ICPF) under the current agreement (RFP 3005-15).
Y. Approve the following Tax Deeds and highest minimum bids to date: 1. Lot 6, Block 5, Neyland Colonia Mexicana Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 2. Lots 11 and 12, Block 33, Hillcrest Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 3. Lot 12 and the South 5 feet of Lot 13, Block 1, Citizens Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 4. Lot 12, Block 2, Citizens Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 5. Lot 7-B, Block 1, Nueces Acres #2 Addition, less 110 sq. ft., in the amount of $5,000.00 6. Lots 15 and 16, Block 6, Nueces Bay Heights Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 7. Lot 35, Block 1, Sunset Heights Addition to Robstown, in the amount of $5,000.00 8. Lot 30-D, Patrick Gardens Subdivision, in the amount of $9,000.00 9. Lot 2, Block 2, Molina Subdivision, in the amount of $7,500.00 10. Lot 11, Block 6, Manchester Place Subdivision, in the amount of $12,000.00 11. Lot 18, Block L, Flour Bluff Estates Subdivision, in the amount of $7,500.00 12. Lot 21, Block 3, La Joya Estates Subdivision Unit 2, in the amount of $9,500.00 13. Lots 23 and 24, Block 9, Nueces Bay Heights Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 14. Fractional Lot 4, Block 5, C. A. Meuly Addition, in the amount of $2,700.00 15. Lot 17, Block 1, Citizens Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 16. Lot 16, Block 2, Kosar Addition, in the amount of $10,000.00 17. Lots 1 and 2, Block 26, Hillcrest Addition, in the amount of $2,500.00 18. The North One-half of Lot 13, Block 3, Colonia Hidalgo Addition, in the amount of $10,000.00 19. Lot 24, Block 8, Gateway Park Addition, in the amount of $7,200.00 20. The West One-half of Lot 8, Block 7, Flour Bluff Estates No. 2 Addition, in the amount of $10,000.00
1. Receive a presentation on the Spectra Venue Management Re-opening plan as it applies to the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Emergency Services Agreement between Nueces County and Global Spectrum, LP, for use of the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds, Exhibit Hall A, for a period commencing April 30, 2020.
3. Receive a report from Reed Clay on his activities related to state and federal programs for COVID 19 response assistance and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution requesting Cares Act funding from the City of Corpus Christi.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Fifth Amendment to The Geo Group, Inc., Detention Services Agreement.
6. Discuss and consider amendment to Nueces County Disaster Finance Policy and Nueces County Personnel Rules regarding its policies on Emergency/Disaster leave, specifically approval of overtime for exempt employees during a declared disaster; Discuss and consider authorizing Human Resources Director to request same amendment from the Civil Service Commission.
7. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
8. Discuss and consider selection of Coastal Environments, Inc., for environmental and permitting services, related to North Beach Improvement Projects (TIRZ #4).
9. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to City/County Law Enforcement Center Interlocal Agreement, related to the joint law enforcement center shared by Nueces County and the City of Port Aransas.
10. Discuss and consider a sole source execution of a Software As A Service Agreement and a Client Success Account Management and Consulting Agreement with Tyler Technologies Incorporated related to the Odyssey Justice Systems.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a professional services engagement letter with Ernest Garza, CPA, for purposes of supporting the Nueces County Commissioners Court related to taxes and budget for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
12. Discuss and consider selection of LAN Engineering for design, construction plans and specifications to restore the functionality of the Storm Water Retention Pond at I.B. Magee Beach Park and the related public access and bird viewing platforms: approve professional service contract for the same.
13. Discuss and consider approval of order granting an exemption under Section 262.024 under Texas Local Government Code; ratify purchase of thermal scanners from RS Technologies, LLC for use in county facilities in response to COVID-19.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Courthouse ADA Site Improvement Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Turner, Ramirez & Associates, Inc. for the McKinzie Jail Annex Generator Replacement Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3100-19 Hazel Bazemore Boat Ramp Rehabilitation Project Phase II.
2. Discuss and consider the authorization of premiums for one-year Property and Casualty Insurance per Broker of Record.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 85.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of March 2020.
4. Approve Quarterly Investment Reports for December 31, 2019 & March 31, 2020.
1. Discuss and consider approval of additional hours from 25 to 29 per week for the two magistrates, in accordance with approval by the Council of Judges.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 27, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular