1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes of April 22, 2020 and April 27, 2020.
1. Adopt resolution recognizing London Boys Basketball Program
2. Adopt resolution recognizing the Flour Bluff Girls Basketball Program
3. Adopt resolution recognizing the Flour Bluff Swim Team
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated May 06, 2020.
S. Approval of agreement with Rose Medical Management for temperature checks through May 30, 2020.
1. Receive a Presentation by Richter Architects to discuss the findings of the forensic study of the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Veneer.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Richter Architects for the Courthouse Miscellaneous Project – Exterior Veneer.
3. Receive a presentation from Jeff Barton, Gap Strategies, on possible opportunities related to the Harbor Bridge Right of Way Abandonment; Discuss and consider adopting an order granting an exemption under section 262.024 of the Texas Local Government Code; Discuss and consider selection of Gap Strategies for professional planning services related to the proposed abandonment of right of way for the Harbor Bridge Project.
4. Discuss and consider migrating our current Odyssey justice management system into the Tyler Technologies cloud.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a software license agreement with Canyon City Solutions for use by Veterans Treatment Court.
7. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive report from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center, and continue related introductions of the ride out team and their roles in COVID response.
8. Discuss and consider approval of overtime related to COVID 19 response, including personnel costs for overtime to County Department Heads.
1. Discuss and consider the County entering into an agreement with the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) for the Inclusive Development Network (IDN).
2. Receive information regarding the County's grant programs.
1. Discuss and consider acceptance of roadways constructed in Royal Estates Unit 2.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No.13 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with the County Attorney regarding legal matters related to the payment or nonpayment of overtime to County employees (COVID 19 response).
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 06, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular