1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Minutes dated April 8, 2020.
1. The Commissioners Court will conduct a Workshop to discuss and receive various presentations related to the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, treatment, hospitalization options, and activities related to area economic recovery. The Commissioners Court Workshop will conclude with a report from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center, and related introductions of the ride out team and recent activities.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Approve an amendment to the Personal Services Contract with Thomas L. Graham to provide for upgrading the Nueces County Hospital District’s website to improve presentation, usability, Nueces Aid Program application processing, and provision of information to stakeholders and the public; associated upgrade costs to be paid by the Hospital District.
1. Discuss various aspects of the COVID 19 response in Nueces County and South Texas, including plans related to COVID 19 treatment and hospitalization options; discuss and consider any relevant action authorized by law of the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
2. Receive a presentation from Andy Taubman on COVID 19 response and activities related area economic recovery.
3. Discuss and consider adopting leasing options for fleet vehicle replacement and authorize master equity lease and maintenance agreements with Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc. and/or Enterprise FM Trust as noted below per awarded TIPS Agreement No. 190402 terms and conditions; and authorize the lease of 55 fleet vehicles. Service Agreement (Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.) Exhibit A – Master Equity Lease Agreement (Enterprise FM Trust) Exhibit B – Maintenance Agreement (Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.) Exhibit C – Maintenance Management and Fleet Rental Agreement (Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.) Exhibit D – Amendment to Master Equity Lease Agreement (Enterprise FM Trust) Exhibit E – Amendment to Maintenance Agreement (Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.) Exhibit F – Amendment to Maintenance Management and Fleet Rental Agreement (Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.)
4. Discuss submitting and approve sending a Resolution to Texas Governor Greg Abbott and our state legislatures to support extending the state funded health coverage to Texas under the Affordable Care Act.
5. Discuss the status of the issuance of marriage licenses in the Office of Nueces County Clerk.
6. Discuss and consider approval of funding (1919-7009) for increased drainage capacity, including watershed drainage, near County Road 33 and Farm to Market 43 (in the London area).
7. Discuss and consider approval of a software license agreement with Canyon City Solutions for use by Veterans Treatment Court.
1. Discuss and consider selection of Hanson Professional Services, Inc., for Engineering Services Contract with Hanson Engineering, Inc., for the monitoring and sampling of storm water in the rural areas; approve engineering service contract.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Stridde, Calllins & Associates, Inc. (Stridde) for the Courthouse and Jail HVAC Chiller Replacement Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3124-20 Maintenance Hangar M-3 For Lease.
2. Discuss and award RFQ 3116-19 Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse Preservation Architect Services.
3. Discuss and award RFQ 3117-19 Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse Engineering Services.
4. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3122-20 Engineering Services for Program Management of Nueces County 2019 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Projects.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 12 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 84.
3. Present information on personnel cost for COVID-19 expenses including overtime to County department heads.
4. Receive presentation of the 2018-2019 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to the court by Dale Atchley, Nueces County Auditor.
B. Discuss and Consider authorizing the County Attorney to request approval of the Professional Services Agreement from the Texas Attorney General and related matters.
C. Discuss and Consider an Order authorizing the County Judge to execute the Professional Services Agreement (Contingent Fee Special Counsel for diabetes medication litigation) with the Law Office of Richard Schechter, P.C., The Snapka Law Firm, and the Cicala Law Firm, PLLC and their respective teams to represent Nueces County in legal matters that involve responsible parties who caused and contributed to the rising of prices for diabetes medications in Nueces County and related matters
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 22, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular