1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Mike Fehlaur with New Life Church for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Commissioners Court Minutes dated March 13, 2020, Special Meeting, March 18, 2020, Regular Meeting, March 18, 2020, Special Meeting.
1. Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month - April 2020.
1. Announcement of April 2020 Employee of the month.
2. Present Certificate to Dottie White (Goode) for 11 years of service to Nueces County.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider approval of letters to Congress requesting assistance in supply of testing materials associated with the COVID 19 response in the Coastal Bend.
2. Discuss and consider approval of amendment to Nueces County Disaster Finance Policy and Procedure allowing for payment of overtime to County department heads (excluding elected officials) during declared disaster.
3. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution in support of the creation of State policies and guidelines for the allocation of CARES Act Funds (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, Economic Security Act) to units of governments under 500,000 population, or other organized coalitions.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment #6 related to coverage of COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment to the Nueces County Employee Health Benefit Plan.
5. Discuss and consider personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
6. Receive presentation from John Breier on possible economic recovery strategies for Nueces County post COVID 19 response.
7. Discuss and consider approving an interlocal agreement with Del Mar College for COVID-19 equipment and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider participation in the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code, and certify the purpose of the use of the funds in compliance with the provisions of Section 381.004 of the Texas Local Government Code.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a contract with BeHealthle Consulting, LLC, related to COVID 19 and continuity of care for Behavioral and Mental Health.
10. Discuss the pros and cons of the primary election and consider any action needed to prepare for the general election in November.
11. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for the development of plans for a Mobile Emergency Operation Center.
12. Discuss and consider environmental services proposal from Coastal Environments, Inc. for the North Beach TIRZ #4 Project.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Kofile Technologies, Inc. proposal for "Archival Imaging and Full Preservation of Historical Volumes and Case Files" for the Nueces County's District Clerk's Office.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a Personal Services Contract with Robert Durand and the Nueces County Hospital District, related to COVID 19 messaging response and social media education campaign.
15. Discuss and consider approval of the re:SearchTX Participation Agreement with Tyler Technologies
16. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for swap of areas for beach maintenance.
17. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
18. Receive update from Coastal Parks Director and Project Manager on I.B. Magee RV Park project
1. Discuss and consider a funding source for the final phase of the Cindy Park Colonia project also known as IFB No. 3113-19 Banquete Booster Pump Station Cyndie Park II Project.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 4 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm System Replacement Project.
2. Discuss and consider a 120-day extension of the two (2) year warranty period for improvements to Ganado Estates Subdivision.
3. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and consider approval of TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 520-16 purchase with SpawGlass for Agua Dulce Building & Fire Station ADA Modifications.
2. Discuss and consider approval of TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 520-16 purchase with SpawGlass for Bishop Building ADA Improvements.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 11 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 83.
3. Discuss and consider approving an interfund loan up to a maximum of two million dollars ($2,000,000) for COVID-19 costs and expenses as authorized by Resolution adopted by the Commissioners Court on August 28th, 2019, effective October 1, 2019 for costs and expenses made between March 13, 2020 through FYE September 30, 2020.
1. Discuss the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA) from the Department of Labor and how it applies to employers.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)* *At the conclusion of Commissioners Court, there will be a meeting of Road District #4. Convene Meeting of Nueces County Road District #4 The matters of business of Road District # 4 will include the following: 1. Discuss and consider funding of roadway and driveway improvements at IB Magee Park associated with enhanced Recreational Vehicle access and other improvements authorized by law, and related matters.
Apr 08, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular