A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Minutes for Commissioners Court dated March 11, 2020.
1. Adopt resolution recognizing the Flour Bluff High School Swim Team
2. Adopt resolution recognizing the Flour Bluff Girls Basketball Program
3. Resolution - Agua Dulce H.S. Powerlifitng Regional Qualifiers
4. The American Vietnam Traveling Tribute Wall - March 26 through 29, 2020.
5. Equal Pay Day for Women March 31, 2020.
1. Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive a presentation from Kofile on a records assessment and proposal related to the scanning, preserving, and archiving case files and historical index books for Nueces County District Clerk.
2. Discuss and consider taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID19, Coronavirus.
3. Discuss and consider adopting the Non-Essential Travel Policy and related matters.
4. Introduction of Incarnate Word Academy, Amazing Angel Shake Competition.
5. Receive a presentation from Jeff Barton, Gap Strategies LLC, on possible opportunities related to the Harbor Bridge Right of Way Abandonment.
6. Receive a presentation from Jane Haas, Community Relations for Halo-Flight, Inc., a non-profit helicopter, air-ambulance emergency medical service, on their Business Guardian Plan which enables employers to reduce additional out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance if their employees are flown by HALO-Flight during an emergency, accident or illness: Discuss and consider taking any appropriate action related to County employment health benefit plan.
7. Receive an update from the Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities on the Community Collaborative Plan for Mental Health.
8. Discuss and consider including the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Building Repairs/Construction in the 2019 Capital Improvement Program (CIP); adopt a resolution authorizing reimbursement of the CIP with any FEMA or Insurance proceeds.
9. Discuss and consider a Personal Services Contract with Thomas Graham relating to assessment of the communications, public education and engagement needs of the community and identify and implement steps to address through public education, public health care issues and available services, for mental health issues, opioid addiction issues, COVID-19 (coronavirus) issues and other health care concerns within Nueces County.
10. Discuss and consider the transfer of funds within Department 1328 (Chapter 59 Forfeiture Funds- DA).
11. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreement for FY 2019-2020 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Hangar T-11 - Kevin Kieschnick ($250.00 per month)
1. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 10 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 82.
1. Discuss and consider hiring an additional regular, full-time Van Driver, Services for the Elderly position, Pay Group 14 for Department 4190 Senior Community Services.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider settlement of Hector Morales' lost-property claim, and related matters.
B. Consult with the County Attorney related to taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID 19, Coronavirus.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 18, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular