1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve minutes for Commissioners Court dated February 26, 2020
1. Social Worker Month - March 2020.
2. Recognize David Cave for his retirement from CITGO and his many contributions to the citizens of Nueces County.
3. In Support of Increases in Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act (GOMESA) Funding.
1. Emergency Services District #3
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Approve execution of Professional Services Agreement with Tyler Technologies for conversion hours to import mainframe documents into Odyssey.
1. Receive update from Coastal Parks Director and Project Manager on I.B. Magee RV Park project
2. Receive a presentation from Amy Rhoads Granberry, Vice President and Courtney Schroeder, Facility Director of Cenikor Foundation on FY 2018-2019 activities; and approve FY 2019-2020 contract.
3. Receive presentation from Korn-Ferry regarding the Compensation Study.
4. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
5. Discuss and consider selection of three Commissioners Court members to serve on the Local Fare Review Committee, on behalf of the Regional Transportation Authority, pursuant to Section 451.061 of the Texas Transporation Code.
6. Discuss and consider approval of an additional $5 filing fee in the Office of Nueces County Clerk.
7. Discuss and consider approval of an interlocal agreement between Nueces County, Nueces County Drainage District #2, and the City of Robstown for improvements to the bridge at County Road 36, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider execution of a lease agreement with Tower II - ERF II, Inc. for space located at 555 N. Carancahua St., Suite 930, Corpus Christi, Texas, for the use of the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission.
9. Discuss and consider pursuing interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for swap of areas for beach maintenance.
10. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Port Aransas for lifeguard services along the beach at I.B. Magee Beach Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the agreement for Spring and Summer/Fall seasons of year 2020.
11. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for lifeguard services along the beach at Padre Balli Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the interlocal agreement for Spring and Summer seasons of year 2020.
1. Discuss and consider approving an order for the removal of a concrete obstruction on County Road 73 right-of-way.
2. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 09 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 25 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 81.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
C. Discuss and consider authorizing Nueces County to sue responsible parties, who caused or contributed to the rising prices for diabetic medications in Nueces County, for violations of DTPA, Insurance Code, breach of contract, common law-fraud, and/or negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment and other related causes of action, and related matters; Discuss and consider hiring outside counsel, The Cicala Law Firm, PLLC, Law Office of Richard Schechter, PC, and The Snapka Law Firm, on a contigency basis contract to pursue the causes of action against all responsible parties who caused or contributed to the rising prices of diabetic medications in Nueces County and related matters.
D. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20CV47; Armin Lopez, Jr. v. Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; ratify hiring of outside counsel, Keith Sieczkowski to represent Nueces County, Texas and related matters.
E. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 20-40050; Diana Bond, Individually, as representative/Heir of the Estate of Tami Bond and as next friend for A.R.B., a minor child v. Nueces County, Texas, Elizabeth Alvarado, Jasmin Drake, Michael alvarez, Anthony Munoz, Jose Rodriguez, Luis Rivera, Jose Aguayo, Chris Gomez, Wellpath, LLC and Jackie Blevins; In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; discuss and consider mediation pursuant to the Court's Circuit Mediation Program, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 11, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular