1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes of January 8, 2020
1. Announcement of February 2020 Employee of the Month.
1. In recognition of the Flour Bluff Lady Hornet Volleyball team and their successful 2019 Season.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Approve and accept donations (list attached) to the county in accordance with LGC 81.032.
O. Approve execution of Agreement Amendment No. 5 with ICSolutions for RFP 2983-14 Inmate Coinless & Public Coin Telephone Service.
R. Authorize GoodBuy Contract No 19-20 7D000 cooperative purchase with Malek, Inc for the rental and operational cost of one (1) 400-Ton Air Cooled Water Chiller Unit for the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail.
T. Authorize TIPS Contract No 170201 cooperative purchase with Castro Roofing for safety measure around the Nueces County Courthouse and a condition assessment of the buildings Adhered Stone Veneer.
1. Discuss and consider selection of Baker – Wotring, LLP for legal services in connection with various environmental, planning, and mitigation matters and drafting of policies and procedures for wetlands mitigation; approve engagement letter with Baker – Wotring, LLP.
2. Discuss and consider approval of engagement letter with Coats and Evans; approve personal services contract for consulting services for the Nueces County Airport.
3. Discuss and consider selection of consultant(s) related to Capital Improvement Program work on all or part of London area County Roads 22 and 49; authorize execution of contract(s).
4. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
5. Discuss hiring of consultant in collaboration with the Nueces County Hospital District relating to the development of a public education, communication, and information campaign for the purposes of engaging Nueces County’s citizens and key community stakeholders in the County and Hospital District's efforts to combat the opioid epidemic, and address current mental and public health issues in Nueces County.
1. Receive report from LNV Engineering and De-Go-La RC&D on Primavera Estates Water System Feasibility Study.
1. Discuss and consider approval of an Order finding County benefits as a result of paving improvements to be performed by Nueces County on Bauer Road from Highway 44 to County Road 44.
2. Discuss and consider execution of contract with LJA Engineering for the Texas General Land Office Community Development Block Grant roadway projects.
3. Discuss and consider approval of change orders for the I.B. Magee RV Park Recovery Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3118-19 Nueces County Courthouse ADA - Site Improvements.
1. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending September 30, 2019.
2. Approve Asset Forfeiture reports for FY 2020 for Nueces County Constable Pct. 1, Constable Pct. 2, Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 4, Constable Pct. 5, District Attorney, and Sheriff's Department.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 06 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
4. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No.78.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying Senior Admin Clerk position (pay group) 17 to an Admin Secretary II (Pay Group 19) in Department 5200.
2. Discuss and consider reclassification of a Collections Clerk to an Elections Clerk in the Office of the County Clerk. Delete Collections Clerk I position (pay group 13) in Department 1180 and create an Election Clerk position (pay group 14) in Department 1190.
3. Discuss and consider reclassifying Secretary II position (Pay Group 16) to an Executive Secretary (Pay Group 22) in Department 1160.
4. Discuss and consider reclassifying the 1115 Waiver Administrator position in Department 1377-Waiver Funds from $109,616.00 to $128,960.00 plus benefits for a total increase of $23,212.80.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding settlement offer from Martin Marietta Materials.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 22, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular