1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Reverend Pamela Dykehouse from First United Methodist Church on Shoreline for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. The unveiling of the "Courts of Excellence" will commence at 11:30 a.m. this morning in front of the Central Jury Room. Commissioners Court will recess prior to 11:30 a.m. to attend the unveiling.
1. Approve Commissioners Court Minutes of October 16, 2019.
1. National Radiologic Week November 3 - 8, 2019.
1. Presentation of the November 2019 Employee of the Month.
1. Nueces County Hospital District board of Managers.
2. Nueces County Animal Control Advisory Committee.
3. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board.
4. Emergency Services District #3.
5. Announcement by Nueces County Judge of Appointee to the Nueces County Industrial Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a Workshop on the creation of a Nueces County Fire Marshall, including discussions about support, funding, and possible partnerships with other entities.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Authorize ESC Region 2 GoodBuy Contract #19-207T000 purchase for the quarterly Fire Protection System inspections and maintenance by Total Protection Systems.
1. Discuss and consider adopting an Order allowing online auctions for Tax Foreclosure Sales, Tax Resales, and providing for rules governing online auctions.
2. Receive a presentation from Iain Vasey, President/Chief Executive Officer, Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC) and Butch Pool, Nueces County appointee to the CCREDC on recent activities and economic development projects: and accept FY18/19 Report.
3. Discuss and consider the creation of a Nueces County Fire Marshall.
4. Receive an update on County 4-Yard (5655 Bush Road, Corpus Christi, Texas), by the Department of Public Works.
5. Discuss and consider suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under Rule 4.21 of the Personnel Rules for the 2018-2019 fiscal year for any and/or all applicable county employment positions; authorize the Director of Human Resources to request suspension of Civil Service Rule 4.21 of the Civil Service Rules for any and/or all such employees covered under Civil Service for the 2018-19 fiscal year from the Nueces County Civil Service Commission.
6. Discuss and consider Gulf Copper request to be granted Foreign Trade Zone status; and consider related agreements.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing county road crossings for fiber optics in the Great Lakes Bluntzer area in Northwest Nueces County.
8. Discuss and Consider updating the Routing/checklist for agenda items.
9. Discuss and consider residency status of Thaddeus Mitman for purposes of serving on the board of Emergency Services District #3.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a rate increase for residential solid waste collection in the rural & unincorporated areas of Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider repair Work Order for Tower Elevator Doors under Omnia Partners Contract No. TX-R150801-304292 with Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 02 for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
2. Approve revised monthly financial report for the month of August 2019.
3. Discuss and consider approving changes to the Nueces County Investment Policy and Strategies.
4. Quarterly Investment Report ending June 30, 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 30, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular