1. CALL TO ORDER
1. The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a Workshop to receive presentation(s) and discuss a Capital Improvement Program which may include improvement projects, project management, prioritization, Americans with Disabilities Act considerations, immediate needs, and campaigns to notify citizens of Nueces County of such intentions and related matters.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Nueces County Capital Improvement Projects 2019, including considerations for Project Management policy, Prioritization, Department of Justice Settlement related to the Americans with Disabilities Act, immediate needs such as courthouse elevators and chillers, authorize staff to immediately develop a campaign to notify the citizens of Nueces County of such intentions; and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under Rule 4.21 of the Personnel Rules for the 2018-2019 fiscal year for the court manager positions in the District and County Courts; authorize the Director of Human Resources to request such suspension for District and County Court employees from Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider adopting a Resolution authorizing the County Judge to enter into an Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for purposes of contributing Right-of-Way Funds for improvements and adjustment of utilities to State Highway 286 from FM 43 to South of FM 2444.
4. Receive an update on County 4-Yard (5655 Bush Road, Corpus Christi, Texas), by the Department of Public Works.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 04, 2019 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting