1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls Bishop Edmond Carmody from the Diocese of Corpus Christi for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags. Moody High School NJROTC color guard will lead the pledge and present colors.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Recognizing Conquer the Coast.
2. September 14, 2019 "Star Spangled Banner" day.
3. September 15, 2019 "Uncle Sam" day.
4. September 2019 Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated September 11, 2019.
G. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for a licensed professional engineer to provide comprehensive structural condition assessment of the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse located in Corpus Christi, Texas; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
H. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for a licensed preservation architect to provide a comprehensive plan and cost estimates for mothballing work at the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse located in Corpus Christi, Texas; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
N. Approve rescinding the prior Professional Services Contract with the Lanier Firm; approve ratifying a professional Services Contract with Lanier Firm and related matters.
O. Ratify approval of a contract with BeHealthle Consulting, LLC, and the Nueces County Hospital District for purposes of furthering a Nueces County Community Collaborative for Mental Health.
Q. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2019-2020 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Hangar T-11 - Robert Brunkenhoefer (Increased $25.00 to $250.00 per month) 2. Hangar T-5 - Robert S. Whitlock (Increased $25.00 to $180.00 per month) 3. Hangar T3 - Mark Thomas (Increased $25.00 to $180 per month) 4. Hangar M4 - Mark Thomas (Increased $25.00 to $120.00 per month)
1. Discuss and consider approval of an Order authorizing the issuance and sale of Nueces County, Texas Tax Notes, Series 2019, in the aggregate principal amount not to exceed $40,500,000; levying a tax in payment thereof; providing for the award of the sale thereof in accordance with specified parameters; authorizing the execution and delivery of a purchase agreement; approving the official statement; and enacting other provisions relating thereto.
2. Receive annual report on Corpus Christi compliance with ozone standards by Gretchen Arnold, Chair, Corpus Christi Air Quality Group.
3. Receive a presentation from Peter Collins, Chief Information Officer, City of Corpus Christi, on MetroCom.
4. Receive an update on County 4-Yard (5655 Bush Road, Corpus Christi, Texas), by the Department of Public Works.
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Nueces County Disaster Finance Policy and Procedure.
7. Discuss and consider approving the process for granting an easement on property held by Nueces county as trustee between Block A and Lot 1 Block 1, Manchester Place Subdivision in Commissioner Precinct No. 1.
8. Discuss and consider creation and unfreeze of a full time Mental Health Counselor position, Job Code 2906, Pay Group 26, Juvenile Department.
9. Discuss and consider establishing the Early Voting Polling Locations for November 5, 2019 Joint Constitutional Election.
10. Discuss and consider appointing Johnny Martinez, as the Central Counting Station Manager, and Eric Gutierrez, as the Tabulation Supervisor for the upcoming Joint Constitutional Election on November 5, 2019.
11. Discuss and consider approval of wages for the following clerks and presiding judges: Early Voting Lead Clerks: $11.00 per hour. Early Voting Clerks: $10 per hour. Election Day Presiding Judges: $12.00 per hour. Election Day Clerks: $10.00 per hour.
12. Discuss and consider approving each presiding judge to hire up to one (1) poll worker for election day for the upcoming November 5, 2019 Joint Constitutional Election and approving Veteran’s Memorial High School and Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to hire up to two (2) poll workers.
13. Discuss and consider approval of the Sheriff and Constable Fees for 2020, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
14. Authorize execution of Notification of FY 2019 Funding (Street Improvement Fund), as presented by the Regional Transportation Authority.
1. Discuss and consider cancellation of (1) Road Improvement and Maintenance Agreement and (2) Performance Bond with Chapman Ranch Wind Farm I, LLC.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 22 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of July 2019.
3. Authorize and approve Nueces County Pay Schedules A and E reflecting the adjustments as discussed in budget workshops to be effective October 1, 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 11, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular