1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. PUBLIC HEARING: Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Increase The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on a proposal to increase total tax revenues from properties on the tax roll in the preceding tax year by 6.29 percent for Nueces County. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING
1. Discuss and consider selection of outside law firm to represent Nueces County in pursuing legal matters involving the property insurance claims stemming from Hurricane Harvey and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider adopting an Order authorizing the County Judge to execute the Professional Services Agreement (Contingent Fee Special Counsel for property insurance claims) with the selected law firm, to represent Nueces County in legal matters involving property insurance claims stemming from Hurricane Harvey and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Attorney to request approval of the Professional Services Agreement from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and related matters.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
6. WORKSHOP: Following the Public Hearing and Special Meeting, the Commissioners Court will conduct a Workshop on the Nueces County 2019-2020 Budget.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 20, 2019 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting