A. County Judge calls Deacon Michael Mantz for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. Approve the following Minutes:
F. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Ratify emergency purchase with C & I Electrical Contractors, Inc., to install a temporary electrical connection with an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) from a rental Emergency Generator (rented from another vendor) to the Electrical Panel # 4 for the expansion Dorms L and M at McKinzie Jail Annex.
H. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for the installation of a 1.25 MW diesel powered generator for the Nueces County Jail Annex; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
1. Receive calculations of the effective tax rate, the rollback tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2019.
2. Discuss and consider hours of operation changes to both County Libraries.
3. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Master Service Agreement with eCivis for sole source cost allocation plan.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a no cost Change Order No. 1 for the County Road 35 Paving Improvements from Saratoga Blvd. to CR 26 Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3103-19 Asphalt Patch HP Road Material.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 19 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of June 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 07, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular