1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve Minutes for Commissioners Court dated June 19, 2019.
1. The Texas Historical Commission has recognized the Nueces County Historical Commission with a Distinguished Service Award for the 2018 year of service.
1. Governor Abbott appoints Honorable Tim McCoy, Judge, County Court at Law #5, to the Texas Juvenile Justice Advisory Board.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under Rule 4.21 of the Personnel Rules for the 2018-2019 fiscal year for the Chief Deputy, Assistant Chief Deputies, and Captain positions in the Sheriff's office; authorize the Director of Human Resources to request such suspension for Civil Service Sheriff's Office employees from the Nueces County Civil Service Commission.
2. Receive a presentation, and discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge to execute a Collective Bargaining Labor Agreement between Nueces County and the Nueces County Sheriff's Officers Association for fiscal years 2019-2020 through 2022-2023.
3. Discuss and approve authorizing the County Judge to sign the Economically Disadvantage Counties (EDC) Program Affidavit from TxDOT for participation on the upcoming ROW for State Highway 286, FM 43 to South of FM 2444.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Project Proposal in response to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Letter Number WSFR/CIAP/DCN070226, related to the design and contruction of an Observation Deck at Horace Caldwell Pier in Port Aransas, Texas.
5. Discuss and consider approval of an Interlocal Agreement with Kleberg County in an amount not to exceed $15,000 for engagement of a consultant to assist in seeking Restore Act and other federal funding for Coastal Water Quality Projects and other collaborative projects.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Personal Services Agreement with Tim Richardson related to Restore Act and other Federal Funding Sources.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Master Service Agreement with eCivis for sole source cost allocation plan.
8. Discuss and consider the creation of the Nueces County Opioid Task Force.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider settlement demand from Belfor Restoration Company, and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Medical Examiner on or after August 1, 2020.
C. Conduct interviews of applicants for position of Commissioners Court Manager.
D. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Commissioners Court Manager.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 31, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular