1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Approve minutes for Commissioners Court dated June 19, 2019.
1. United Way 2019 Campaign Kickoff.
2. Disability Voter Registration Week - July 15-19, 2018.
3. Establishing July 2019 as Beach Safety Awareness Month in Nueces County.
1. “Centers of Excellence” presented by the Texas Judicial Council for the 214th and 347th District Courts of Nueces County.
2. Thelma D. Elwin - Juvenile Probation, retiring after 26 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Citizens' Advisory Board on Health and Welfare.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Adopt a resolution approving the submission of an application to the Office of the Governor, Homeland Security Grants Division for the FY 2018 Operation Stonegarden Grant.
J. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request of competitive bids) for Nueces County I.B. Magee Beach RV Park Reconstruction; and authorize the purchasing agent to publish a notice.
N. Ratify the execution of Agreement Amendment No. 1 with Bella’s Bistro for RFP 3010-16 Food Services at the County Courthouse.
Q. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreement for the remainder of FY 2018-2019 at the Nueces County airport. 1. Mark Harrison
1. Receive introduction of candidate hired for the County Extension Agent-4-H & Youth Development, as presented by Donnie Montemayor.
2. Receive an update from the Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities on the Community Collaborative Plan for Mental Health.
3. Emergency Management briefing to Commissioners Court on after action items for recent full scale evacuation exercise.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution in support of the process for the creation of North Beach Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) #4.
5. Discuss and consider reorganization of the Nueces County Animal Control Department.
6. Reconfirm funding allocations by Commissioners for Animal Control Projects.
7. Discuss options and method for consolidating/transfering the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District into sole Nueces County governance.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 regarding collaboration in the pursuit of grant funding opportunities and other matters concerning drainage.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 regarding Drainage District No. 2 providing services to County on requested drainage improvement projects.
10. Discuss and consider approving an Amended Nueces County Commissioners Court Order Affecting Budget Authority for Employee Positions which removes the requirement that funds be frozen for 30 days for certain vacant positions in the 2018-19 Budget Year.
11. Discuss and consider creating the Kleberg Beach Property Advisory Committee for purposes of overseeing operations and other matters concerning County-owned Kleberg beach property.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Application and Affidavit for renewal of Surface Lease No. SL20100004 (Bob Hall Pier) to extend the term of the current lease said to expire on September 30, 2019, and authorize County Judge to execute said documents on behalf of Nueces County.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Application and Affidavit for renewal of Surface Lease No. SL20100005 (Horace Caldwell Pier) to extend the term of the current lease said to expire on September 30, 2019, and authorize County Judge to execute said documents on behalf of Nueces County.
14. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge and staff to initiate options and plans to construct and/or relocate the facilities of the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office.
15. Discuss and consider approval of engagement letter for legal services with Lynn Butler and Associates of Husch Blackwell, LLP, for purposes of consultation related to Foreign Trade Zones.
16. Discuss and consider approval of a professional services engagement letter with Ernest Garza, CPA, for purposes of supporting the Nueces County Commissioners Court related to taxes and budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a professional services engagement letter with Ernest Garza, CPA, for purposes of representing the Tax Assessor Collector related to matters concerning the accrual of interest on sales tax as claimed by the Texas Comptroller; authorize execution of Limited Power of Attorney.
18. Discuss and consider approval of a proposal with BHealthle Consulting, LLC, and the Nueces County Hospital District for purposes of furthering a Nueces County Community Collaborative for Mental Health.
1. Ratify the execution of a Notice of Grant Award from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Grant Program for the 2019-2020 General Assistance program; receive a brief video presentation regarding the County’s Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Grant Program.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3097-19 Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC Replacement.
2. Discuss and award IFB 3103-19 Asphalt Patch HP Road Material.
3. Discuss and award IFB 3104-19 Flexible Base, Type A, Grade 1.
4. Discuss and award IFB 3105-19 LRA (Limestone Rock Asphalt) Base, Type A, Grade 2
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
I. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Medical Examiner on or after August 1, 2020.
J. Discuss and consider selection of an applicant to fill the position of the Commissioners Court Manager.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 10, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular