1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. RECESS COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING PUBLIC HEARING - The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing to solicit the input and the participation of its residents regarding proposed infrastructure improvements application(s) for the Texas General Land Office (GLO) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) fund. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE COMMISSIONERS COURT MEETING
1. Approve the Minutes of meetings held on June 5, 2019 and June 7, 2019.
1. Citizen's Advisory Board on Health & Welfare
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
N. Authorize the Work Experience (WE) Work Site Agency Agreement with Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend.
1. Receive presentation from legislative consultants on 86th Texas Legislative Session.
2. Receive an update from the Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities on the Community Collaborative Plan for Mental Health.
3. Receive presentation and an update on the status and management of Kleberg property and related habitat restoration projects that Coastal Parks has been conducting.
4. Receive information related to recent meetings between the County Judge and U.S. Fish and Wildlife and the U.S. Department of Justice.
5. Discuss and consider rescinding the Interlocal Agreement between the City of Corpus Christi, Regional Transportation Authority, and County of Nueces for the Radio System Consulting Services with Trott Communications and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order setting term limits for non-statutory boards and commissions appointed by the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
7. Discuss and approve (with or without changes) the job description for the Director of Commissioners Court Administration.
8. Designate the Nueces County Tax Assessor-Collector as the official to calculate the tax rate, the rollback rate, and the notice-and-hearing limit, in accordance with Chapter 26 of the Texas Tax Code.
1. Discuss and consider the approval of Construction Contract Change Order No. 1 with Mercer Construction Company (Contract #20180066) for IFB No. 3055-17 FM1833 & FM666 TWDB Waterline Improvement Project.
2. Discuss and approve purposed modification(s) to the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Project.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3097-19 Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC Replacement.
2. Authorize reassigning a 2015 Ford Interceptor, County No. 63408 from Warehouse to the District Attorney’s office.
3. Discuss and consider termination of Loan Agreement for Motor Vehicle with the Corpus Christi Police Department for a 2006 Mercedes Benz used by the District Attorney’s office.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 16 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Receive an update on Sheriff and Constable fees.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jun 19, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular