1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. Approve the following Minutes:
1. The Mosaic Project of South Texas’ Fourth Annual Pride Week From June 3 – 9, 2019.
2. Ten days of celebration of the emancipation proclamation for Juneteenth, 2019 in Nueces County.
1. Citizens' Advisory Board on Health and Welfare.
1. Discuss the new direction of technology support and how the Information Technology department is applying it to Nueces County.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Approve personnel actions of budgeted nature: 1. Temp List 2. Frozen List 3. Unfreeze List 4. Personnel Changes Report
Q. Receive a Statement of Grant Award from the Texas Indigent Defense Commission for the FY19 Supplemental Capital Defense Formula Grant.
R. Approve the submission of a grant application to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Forward Promise: Partering with Systems to Disrupt Dehumanization for the Family Drug Court/County Court at Law #5.
1. Discuss and consider replacement of Network Communications Policy (NCP) with new Technology Policies.
2. Receive presentation on Nueces County Public Libraries 2019 Summer Reading Program launch.
3. Discuss and consider the Lake Padre Development Company and mitigation work and public access enhancements to an existing jurisdictional wetland site in or around Padre Balli County Park as required under their United States Army Corps of Engineers development permit; discuss compensation thereof to the County.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the 1st 90 - Day permit extension for the Dune Walkover permit DPP-0216-02p.
2. Discuss and consider sole source purchase and installation of HVAC equipment from Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) to add 1200 CFMs (cubic feet per minute) of cooling/heating air by adding two VAV (Variable Air Volume) boxes of 600 CFM each to supply and distribute air under their proprietary BACNET (Building Automation Control Network) System with the trade name Metasys.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3097-19 Hilltop Community Center Re-Roof and HVAC Replacement.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No.15 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of April 2019.
3. Quarterly Investment Report ending March 31, 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 05, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular