1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Minutes for meeting held on April 24, 2019.
1. The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct a workshop to discuss the various boards, advisory boards, and committees appointed by the Court, including term limits.
1. Disabled American Veterans - Memorial Day 2019.
2. National Correctional Officers and Employees Week.
3. Recognizing the month of June as Fair Housing Month.
4. Establishing a Family Drug Court Program at Nueces County Court at Law No. 5.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Authorize a Choice Partners Purchasing Cooperative Contract #15/031CG-01 purchase with Coastal Office Products for jury and courtroom chairs including installation for four District Courts.
G. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for an out-of-area National Network or a Primary and Secondary hospital, medical, and ancillary services through a local area network; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
H. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for an Aggregate and Specific Re-insurance (Stop Loss) program; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
L. Approve execution of an agreement with Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc. (LAN) for engineering services for the development of a Nueces County Capital Improvement Plan for facilities and infrastructure.
R. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2018-2019 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Wayne Hunter - Hangar T-9 2. Mark Thomas - Hangar M-4
1. Discuss the creation of a Records Services department.
2. Discuss updating the County Records Management Policy.
3. Discuss and consider approval of an interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi and the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) for purposes in participating in the hiring of a Radio System Consultant in the amount of $43,003.33.
4. Discuss and consider approval of agreement with "Nueces Together" for purposes of ensuring a complete count of the residents of Nueces County related to the 2020 U.S. Census.
5. Approve Budget Worksheets with Certification, Unit Rate Calculation for Home-Delivered Meals, Congregate Meals, and Transportation as it relates to Title III and Title XX funding and Contract Amendment with Coastal Bend Council of Government for Older Americas Act Program.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge to provide written notice of intent to renew RFP 3015-16 for one additional term to Global Spectrum, L.P., D/B/A Spectra Venue Management effective October 1, 2019, through September 30, 2020, related to the management of the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
7. Discuss and consider final bill from Belfor Property Restoration for remediation work and scaffolding cost associated with the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Building (Park Office) as a result of storm damage from Hurricane Harvey.
1. Discuss and consider a funding source for the match required for a grant application submitted to the Office of the Governor, Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Formula Grant Program for the Felony Domestic Violence Court Program.
1. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) accepting a grant contract amendment with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to continue providing funding for Public Health Emergency Preparedness activities; authorize the Director of Public Health District, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) entering into a grant contract amendment with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) providing for HIV Surveillance in the amount $41,865 for the period of September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020; and authorize the Director of Public Health District, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Budget Change Order No. 13 for the McKinzie Jail Annex Dormitory Renovation Project.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3099-19 Property and Casualty Insurance.
2. Discuss and consider the authorization of premiums for one-year Property and Casualty Insurance (RFP No. 3072-18). 1. Property Insurance 2. Flood Insurance for 14 County Properties 3. Inland Marine 4. Comprehensive General and Hangar-keepers Liability for the Nueces County Airport 5. Boiler and Machinery Insurance 6. Crime Policy 7. Public Officials Liability 8. Volunteers – Adults 9. Volunteers – Juvenile 10. General Liability 11. Auto Liability.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with the County Attorney regarding San Patricio County v. Nueces County; No. 4704, in the 135th Judicial District of Refugio County; consider settlement demand, take action and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 22, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular