1. CALL TO ORDER
1. Adopt a resolution in support of Nueces County and the South Texas Coastal Bend as World War II Heritage Cities.
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2023-2024 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Hangar M-4 - Mark Thomas 2. Hangar M-5 - Jim Albert 3. Hangar T-3 - Mark Thomas 4. Hangar T-4 - Jerry Hunsaker 5. Hangar T-5 - Robert Whitlock 6. Hangar T-6 - Jerry W. Lunceford 7. Hangar T-7 - David Rasmussen 8. Hangar T-8 - Andrew Kirkpatrick 9. Hangar T-9 - Wayne Hunter 10. Hangar - T-11 - Sean Gilland 11. Hangar T-12 - Leo Mendez 12. Hangar T-13 - Mark Rock 13. Hangar T-14 - Mark Harrison 14. Hangar T-15 Thomas Perrigue 15. Hangar T-16 - T-17 - Guillermo Pliego 16. Hangar T-18 - Tim Bowen 17. Hangar T-19 - Josh Hopkins 18. Hangar T-20 - John Reed
1. Discuss and consider selection of Acrisure, LLC DBA Carlisle Insurance as the sole broker service under section 262.036 of the Texas Local Government Code; adopt order; authorize and approve a professional services agreement.
2. Discuss and consider amending Health Services Agreement between Nueces County, Armor Correctional Health Services, and Nueces County Hospital District to remove Hospital District from Agreement and create a new, additional two-party Agreement between the County and Hospital District for the District to provide funding to the County for services provided under the Health Services Agreement.
3. Discuss and consider the following: selection of Balcones Field Services for dune permit application review assistance for the Nueces County Coastal Parks Department for fiscal year 2024; approval of order; authorize and approve a professional services agreement with Balcones Field Services for dune permit application review assistance; and all related matters.
4. Authorize Escrow disbursement request #17 for Pay Application #26 in the amount of $84,558.88 from Banc of America Public Capital Corp., Payable to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Nueces County Bundled Energy Solutions Project as authorized by Director of Public Works, County Engineer. Authorize County payment of $24,750.00 for Pay Application #26 to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Services provided under Change Order #5, approved CCT 5/24/23 for the County Jail Energy Savings Project as authorized by Director of Public Works, County Engineer. Project Services, Ending September 2023 - $109,308.88 Grand Total.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Texas State, through its Meadows Center and Clean Coast Texas Collaborative, and Nueces County Keach Family Library establishing a collaborative and cooperative objective to identify best practices for floodplain and water pollution management, and any related matters.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Work Authorization No. 1 in the amount of $126,805.00 with LJA Engineering under Master Service Contract No. 20230257-4/26 (RFQ 3232-23) for Amistad Veterans Memorial Park project.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Work Authorization No. 2, in the amount of $69,803.00, for the Parker Pool Project under the Master Service Contract No. 20230259-4/26 with International Consulting Engineers (RFQ 3232-23).
8. Discuss and consider funding the following additional economic development contracts from Special Revenue, Capital Credits Administration, Department #1379 and related matters. 1. Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce 2. Padre Island Business Association 3. Flour Bluff Business Association 4. Northwest Business Association 5. West Side Business Association 6. United CC Chamber of Commerce (TWIA) 7. United CC Chamber of Commerce (STMTF) 8. Black Chamber of Commerce 9. Corpus Christi Hispanic Chamber of Commerce And all other economic development operations throughout Nueces County to be equitable.
9. Discuss and consider approval of license agreements between Nueces County and Mar Insurance related to providing enrollment by Mar Insurance for health services, and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider approval of license agreements between Nueces County and San Rafael Clinic related to providing health care services at the Outreach Clinic and Mobile Clinic by San Rafael Clinic, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider amending the Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Board Bylaws and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider amending the Commissioners Court Policies and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider application procedure and timeline for each of the following Boards: 1. Port of Corpus Christi Authority 2. Christus Spohn Board of Trustees 3. Nueces County Tax Appraisal District Board of Directors 4. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee 5. Nueces County Civil Service Commission 6. Nueces County Emergency Service District #1 7. Nueces County Emergency Service District #2 8. Nueces County Emergency Service District #3 9. Nueces County Emergency Service District #4 10. Nueces County Emergency Service District #6
14. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the submission of a grant application to the Tocker Foundation for the Keach Branch Library Digitization project.
1. Discuss and consider allowing county staff to proceed with the process of renaming "Bernice Drive" to "Bernice Lane", including authorizing notice to be posted pursuant to Texas Transportation Code 251.013, and all related matters.
2. Discuss and Consider Nueces County collecting plat application fees within the ETJ and County properties, along with related matters.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Waste Connections dba/C.C. Disposal Service for Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service (Dumpsters) County Properties Only (IFB 3249-23).
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for Modernization of Technology Infrastructure for Cyber-Security Equipment (IFB 3247-23).
1. Approve Capital Budget Change Order No. 126.
2. Approve the Monthly Financial Report, P-card Report and Unreconciled P-Card transactions through August 2023.
1. Discuss and consider ratification of the Aetna Stop Loss Policy effective from 10/01/2023 to 9/30/2024.
2. Discuss and consider approval of the HireRight Agreement to provide background check services.
1. Approve Year-4 renewal purchase with Tyler Technologies for Odyssey SAAS Hosting Online from October 1, 2023 to September 30, 2024.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Oct 25, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular