1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Minutes for meeting held on April 24, 2019.
1. Children's Mental Health Awareness Week - May 5 - 11, 2019.
2. Stop the Bleed Day - May 23, 2019.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
F. Approve the following FY 2018-2019 "Outside Agency" & "Diabetes" contracts: 1. Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. - Total $1,100 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $600 2. Corpus Christi Fraternal Order of Police-Lodge #27 - Total $2,500 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $1,500; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 3. Focus Foundation - Commissioner Pct., 3 - $3,000 4. Texas Jazz Festival Society - County Judge - $500
G. Approve the following FY 2018-2019 Amended "Outside Agency" contracts for additional allocation provided by Commissioner Vaughn, Pct. 1: 1. Northwest Business Association - Total $3,500 ($3,000 Additional) 2. Refuge of Hope - Total $1,100 ($500 Additional) 3. The ARK Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter for Youth Total $4,000 ($1,000 Additional) 4. The Purple Door - Total $1,500 ($500 Additional) 5. Westside Business Association - Total $1,500 ($1,000 Additional)
H. Approve engagement letter with Craig Enoch and his firm Enoch Kever PLLC to provide legal services related to proposed San Patricio/Nueces County boundary dispute and tax legislation.
K. Authorize a sole source purchase with Swagit Productions, LLC for video streaming services and annual support for Commissioners Courtroom audio & control system.
N. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submission of a certification of specialty court to the Governor’s Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Family Drug Court program.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 1 to the Tax Abatement Agreement with Epic Y-Grade Logistics, LP.
2. Discuss jurisdiction and responsibility of Western Avenue and Highway 44 in Robstown, Texas.
3. Discuss and consider approval of administering the contract for the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery.
4. Discuss and consider final bill from Belfor Property Restoration for remediation work and scaffolding cost associated with the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Building (Park Office) as a result of storm damage from Hurricane Harvey.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of a Utility Conveyance Agreement between Nueces County Water Supply and Nueces County in relation to the Cindy Park Colonia.
1. Receive a presentation by the Department of Public Works on illegal dumping.
2. Receive presentation from Department of Public Works to update Commissioners Court on the jail employee parking lot (Lipan) and safety fencing for jail inmates.
3. Discuss and consider approving the Plat of Lots 30A, 30B and 31A in Spring Gardens Unit 3, being a re-plat of the North 1/2 of Lot 30 and all of Lot 31, Spring Gardens Unit 3.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit No. DPP-0319-01p for the City of Corpus Christi to extend an existing waterline from the end point of Beach Access Road 3A ending at the Line of Vegetation (LOV), stretching to a distance of approximately 2000 ft. parallel to and between the Mean High Tide Line (MHT) and the Line of Vegetation (LOV), in an area owned by the Texas General Land Office.
5. Discuss and consider approval to select a contractor to install piping with anchors, connectors, hangers and other hardware needed to repair and rehabilitate deteriorated grey water piping under the jail kitchen at the Courthouse.
1. Discuss and Award IFB 3088-18 Banquete Booster Pump Station Cyndie Park II TWDB Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of March 2019.
3. Receive presentation of the 2017-2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to the court by Dale Atchley, Nueces County Auditor.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding settlement of Austin Pokrant's lost-property claim, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 08, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular