1. CALL TO ORDER
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing a Foreign Trade Zone agreement with the Port of Aransas, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (NCMHID), and Nueces County Hospital District relating to certain mental health-related programs to be provided by or through the NCMHID and paid for by Hospital District; programs relate to diversion of persons from jails or other detention facilities for the period October 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Cooperation Agreements between Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District relating to the following services and/or programs to be paid by the Hospital District during the period October 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024: a. City of Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District for providing local public health programs for the citizens of Corpus Christi and residents throughout Nueces County; b. Emergency ambulance services provided by Emergency Service Districts within Nueces County and the City of Robstown to assist Nueces County in providing emergency medical services for residents in the unincorporated areas of County; c. Medical and hospital care provided at and arranged by the Nueces County Juvenile Detention Facility; d. Programs provided by various local agencies to assist Nueces County in the reduction and prevention of diabetes within Nueces County; and e. Programs to assist Nueces County in the reduction and prevention of drug abuse and alcoholism within the County.
4. Discuss and consider approval of license agreements between Nueces County and Mar Insurance related to providing enrollment by Mar Insurance for health services, and related matters.
6. Receive update on Capital Projects available balances; Allocate funds for pending capital projects.
7. Authorize escrow disbursement request #16 in the amount of $745,009.43 from Banc of America Public Capital Corp., Payable to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Nueces County Bundled Energy Solutions Project; Authorize payment of $74,250.00 to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Services provided under Change Order #5, approved CCT 5/24/23 for the County Jail Energy Savings Project. Project Services, August 1st, 2023 through August 31st, 2023 - $819,259.43 grand total.
8. Discuss and consider allocating economic development contracts, approved with adoption of the Fiscal year 2023-2024 budget. Funding source from Special Revenue, Capital Credits Administration, Department #1379 and related matters. 1. Corpus Christi Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC): $50,000 2. Robstown Area Development Corporation (RADC): $10,000 3. Downtown Management District (DMD): $10,000 4. Robstown Area Development Corporation (RADC): Additional $20,000 from Commissioner Marez, Pct. 3 Special Revenue Fund, Department #1388 Discuss and consider funding the following additional economic development contracts from Special Revenue, Capital Credits Administration, Department #1379 and related matters. 1. Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce 2. Padre Island Business Association 3. Flour Bluff Business Association 4. Northwest Business Association 5. West Side Business Association 6. United CC Chamber of Commerce (TWIA) 7. United CC Chamber of Commerce (STMTF) And all other economic development operations throughout Nueces County to be equitable.
9. Discuss and consider reducing allocation for the Animal Care Facility Project.
10. Discuss and consider the possible amendment of the Commissioners Court orders governing the Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Board and to consider appointment of current board positions that are open, and all related matters.
12. Discuss and consider application procedure for Nueces County Tax Appraisal District Board of Directors and effect of proposed new legislation on this process, and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider updating the Commissioner's Court Policies and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County Sheriff's Office and Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE), State of Texas State Agency for providing School Marshal Training.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Agreement Amendment No. 2 with Vulcan Construction Materials, LLC for IFB No. 3180-21 Aggregate, Type PB, Grade 4S, LRA (Limestone Rock Asphalt).
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a reduction in the amount of the Septic System Bond for Royal Estates Subdivision Unit 2, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider Nueces County collecting plat application fees within the ETJ and County properties along with related matters.
1. Approve Capital Budget Change Order No. 125.
2. Approve the Monthly Financial Report for the month of July 2023.
3. Approve Monthly Procurement Card Report for the month of July 2023.
4. Discuss and consider removing Judge Samuel Neal as Contracting Executive and replacing Judge Neal with Judge Connie Scott, also setting up Dale Atchley as the Service Manager and Lorenzo Hernandez as the Service Setup Administrator and allowing a Bank Administration Institute (BAI2) file to be sent via SFTP to the account ending in-25970 with Frost Bank. This is needed for integration between Frost Bank and Workday.
2. Approve the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD) DSA-Residential Projects 2024 Grant awarded to Nueces County Juvenile Probation Department in the amount of $900,236.00 for facility enhancements, program improvements and to create five (5) full-time positions.
1. Discuss and consider to accept a grant award from the Coastal Bend Community Foundation (CBCF) for their 2023 annual grant program in the amount of $10,000.
2. Discuss and consider accepting a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Nueces County Local Border Security Program under the Local Border Security Program, FY 2024.
3. Discuss and consider accepting a grant award from the Office of the Governor - Texas, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Rifle-Resistant Body Armor Project.
4. Discuss and consider accepting a grant award from the Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Felony Domestic Violence Court Program under the General Victim Assistance Grant Program.
5. Adopt a resolution authorizing the submittal of a grant application for FY2024 Formula Grant Program of the Texas Indigent Defense Commission Grant Program.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 11, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular