A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. In recognition of "National 4-H Week", October 1 - 7, 2023.
2. In recognition of the month of September 2023 as "Suicide Prevention Awareness Month".
1. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
2. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee
3. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 4
4. Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers
5. Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority Board of Directors
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Accept Commissioners Court Minutes for September 13, 2023 and September 19, 2023.
D. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List dated September 27, 2023.
F. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List - Hagerty dated September 27, 2023.
G. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List - Lockwood Andrews & Newnam (LAN) dated September 27, 2023.
O. Approve Interlocal Agreement with the Coastal Bend Council of Governments, related to the planning, development, operation and provision of 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points.
R. Receive update, if any, regarding the Bob Hall Pier project and all related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving the retirement and removal from County inventory, of Nueces County Constable Precinct 5 law enforcement K-9, “Arco”; authorize and approve agreement for the transfer of Arco to Nueces County Constable Precinct 5 Deputy Elliot Martinez; and all related matters.
2. Consideration and appropriate action, if any, to ratify a collective bargaining agreement negotiated between Nueces County, Texas and the Nueces County Sheriffs Officers Association (NCSOA).
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Fees for Sheriff and Constable for 2024, pursuant to Section 118.131 of the Texas Local Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider renewal and amendment of agreement between Texas General Land Office/Veterans Land Board and Nueces County related to the operation of the Coastal Bend Veteran’s Cemetery, and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement Between Nueces County and City of Robstown for Fire and Emergency Rescue Services (MOU), and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider taking action regarding CR 18 bridge repairs located at the intersection of CR 18 and CR 65, and other related matters.
7. Discuss and consider policies regarding Nueces County ETJ Platting Interlocal and collecting plat application fees within the County's jurisdiction and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider approval of the transfer of the duties of recording the Executive Session from the County Clerk back to the Commissioners Court, and all related matters.
9. Discuss and consider revising or adopting a policy formalizing the appointment process for appointments to boards and commissions by the commissioners court, and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider revising or adopting a policy for regular written reviews by the Commissioners Court of department heads that report to the Commissioners Court, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider a narrowing and selection process for all qualified employees that report directly to the commissioners court, and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider approving order designating Wednesday as the day of the week that Court will meet in regular term for fiscal year 2023-2024, pursuant to Section 81.005 of the Texas Local Government Code.
13. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), workshop date(s), and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider whether, pursuant to Texas Government Code, 551.0725, deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on amending the personal services contract being negotiated between the County and Tomas Duran pursuant to Section 174, Texas Local Gov't Code, and related matters, based on recommendation of Count Attorney.
15. Discuss and consider taking action on amending the 2022 – 2023 personal services contract with Tomas Duran for employee health insurance benefits management and consulting; and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving an Omnia Partners Cooperative Contract No. R200502, for $57,659.96 with ThyssenKrupp Elevator (TKE) for labor and material needed to repair Nueces County Jail Elevators No. 7 & No. 8.
2. Discuss and consider granting to American Electric Power (AEP) an easement and right-of-way across a portion of the Nueces County Precinct 4 Yard property located at 5655 Bush Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78417.
3. Discuss and Consider Authorizing and Approving an ARPA-Funded Sourcewell Cooperative (Contract No. 032119-CAT) Purchase from Holt Texas, Inc. for (1) one Caterpillar RM400 Road Reclaimer for Department of Public Works in the amount of $731,868.43.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Jack and Jill of Many Trades for Mowing Services for Nueces County Airport (RFP No. 3246-23).
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving execution of an Engagement Letter agreement with Pattillo, Brown & Hill, L.L.P. for RFP No. 3242-23 Auditing Services Contract for audits to be performed on the Nueces County financial statements, Sheriff's Commissary, and MPO Grants.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with Crowder Gulf, LLC for Disaster Debris Removal Services (RFP No. 3171-21).
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the execution of a Participating Entity Services Agreement for the Statewide Automated Victim Notification Service (SAVNS) with Appriss Inc.
2. Discuss and consider approval of an Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and the Community Supervision and Corrections Department in relation to the Veterans Treatment Court.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the Interlocal Agreement with Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) Pre-Trial Risk Assessment for the purposes of services and assistance to the Magistrates and the Nueces County District Courts and County Courts of Law to fulfill the additional duties required by Senate Bill 6.
2. Authorize and approve removal of fixed assets that are no longer located in the departments.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 22 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
4. Approve Capital Budget Change Order No. 124.
1. Discuss and consider transferring the Nueces County Commissioner Court Manager position including revising the job description, duties and job title; and other related matters.
2. Discuss and consider reclassification of two Heavy Equipment Operator positions in Dept 0180 - Coastal Parks and one Heavy Equipment Operator position in Dept 1397 - Veterans Cemetery.
3. Discuss and consider the title change of the newly adopted "Senior Accounting Asst. II" (Pay Group 15/01) positions for Department 1160 to "Records MGT Clerk II" (Pay Group 16/01), beginning October 1, 2023 for FY2023-2024.
4. Discuss and consider changing the position of Animal Services Coordinator from part-time to full-time, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving execution of Amendment 75 to Master Services Agreement under TASB BuyBoard State Contract No. 537-17 with Ricoh USA for fleet maintenance services and copy center labor.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 27, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular