A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
1. The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2023-2024 Nueces County Hospital District budget.
2. The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2023-2024 Nueces County budget.
1. In recognition of Danny Lorberau's 8 years of service to Nueces County.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
U. Accept presentation and design from CLK Architects & Associates regarding the Medical Examiners Facility Renovations Project.
1. Discuss and consider accepting Briscoe King Pavilion New Facility Architect Proposal to present to Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) #2.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a cooperative contract purchase under Sourcewell Contract No. 031121 with Ewald Kubota for two (2) Kubota L4802HST Front Loader Tractors for Nueces County Coastal Parks in the amount of $67,658.36 to be paid with Coastal Parks (0180-5659) FY 22/23 Budgeted Funds.
3. Discuss and consider termination of an engineering services agreement with Mott MacDonald Group, LLC. in connection with the Packery Channel Living Shoreline Project, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving execution of a Sourcewell Cooperative Contract No. 032119-CAT Lease-Purchase Agreement with Holt Texas, Inc. for one (1) new 2023 Caterpillar 930M Small Wheel Loader for Coastal Parks in the total amount of $173,653.13.
5. Discuss and consider setting the first day or fraction of day of juror service pay at the rate of $20.00, and the second day or fraction of day at $58.00, pursuant to Section 61.001 (a-1) (1) & (2) and (a-2) of the Texas Government Code; and any related matters.
6. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the execution of a Statement of Grant Award from the Texas Indigent Defense Commission for the FY2024 Continuing Multi-Year Improvement Grant program for the amount of $139,904.00.
1. Discuss and consider award and execution of an American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA)-funded Agreement with South Texas Building Partners, Inc. for construction services for the Nueces County 6th Floor Renovations - Public Defenders Office project (IFB No. 3243-23) in the amount of $399,390.00, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a Texas DIR Contract No. DIR-TSO-3763 with DELL Technologies in the amount of $124,790.01 for the purchase of computer hardware for annual warranty replacements for Information Technology.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing reclassification of open position in Public Defender's Office from an Attorney V (pay group 37) to an Attorney III (pay group 35).
2. Discuss and consider transferring the following Commissioners Court Administration positions under the County Judge: 1. Executive Secretary 2. Budget Assistant; discuss and consider revising the job description of the Commissioners Court Administration 'Executive Secretary' position to a new job title with refined duties as recommended by the Human Resources Director, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider providing additional funding to the group health account in the amount of $4,000,000 to cover at least five major claims that are pending and may not be covered by stop loss protection.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider taking action in Case No. 2022-CCV-61337-4, Maria Krauskopf, et al. v. Nueces County, Texas, et al; In Nueces County Court at Law #4; and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2023 tax roll; setting the 2023 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2023.
2. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2023-2024 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
3. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2023 tax roll; setting the 2023 tax rate for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2023.
4. Discuss and consider adopting an Order rescinding prior year budget resolutions and orders.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2023-2024 Nueces County Budget.
6. Discuss and consider Adoption of the Proposed 2023-2024 Nueces County Budget as presented by the County Auditor, in his capacity as the Budget Officer for Nueces County including decisions regarding whether to continue outside agency contracts, County Programs, and personnel changes (including but not limited to) pay, steps, freezing, reduction-in-force and consolidation or elimination of certain Nueces County departments for the 2023-2024 fiscal year, and related matters.
Sep 13, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular