1. CALL TO ORDER
1. Proclamation - Women's Equality Day August 26, 2023 in honor of the League of Women Voters Corpus Christi and in celebration of the 103rd anniversary of women's right to vote in Nueces County, Texas.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider proposal for 2023 Tax Rate for Nueces County, NC Farm to Market, and NC Hospital District; Commissioners Court must take a record vote and authorize publishing appropriate notices.
2. Receive update on Capital Projects available balances; Allocate funds for pending capital projects.
3. Authorize escrow disbursement request #15 in the amount of $608,491.10 from Banc of America Public Capital Corp., Payable to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Nueces County Bundled Energy Solutions Project; Authorize payment of $371,250 to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Services provided under Change Order #5, approved CCT 5/24/23 for the County Jail Energy Savings Project. Project Services, May 1st, 2023 through July 31st, 2023 - $979,741.10 grand total.
4. Discuss and consider execution of Notification of $78,077.00 FY2022 Funding (Street Improvement Fund), as presented by the Regional Transportation Authority.
5. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230307-5/10 (RFQ 3222-22) for the following community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded project: 1. Robstown North Drainage Improvements
6. Discuss and consider selection of Ardurra Group, Inc., for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230306-5/10 (RFQ 3222-22) for the following community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded project: 1. Clarkwood
7. Discuss and consider allocating $275,000 from Precinct 4 ARPA designated funds to the London Drainage related to widening the existing drainage structure between South Prairie and Rabbit Run on CR 47; Discuss and consider the selection of Freese and Nichols for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. RFQ No. 3220-22 (3.D.3.) for ARPA funded projects on April 26, 2023. Project requirements would adhere under U.S. Department of Treasury Compliance Guidelines and Code of Federal Regulations.
8. Discuss and consider the selection of Govind Development, LLC for Engineering Services under Master Service Contract No. 20230258-4/26 (RFQ No. 3232-23) with allocated County-Wide American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding, for the Hazel Bazemore Park Improvement Project.
9. Receive updated ARPA balances for precincts and county-wide projects; discuss and consider eligibility requirements for subawards to subrecipients under Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Part 200; discuss and consider taking action regarding allocation plans/processes of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the following project: 1. Nueces County Water Control and Improvement District No. 5 (Banquete): $1,000,000 allocated
10. Discuss and consider the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) remaining allocated funds to the Nonprofit Fiscal Recovery Assistance Program.
11. Discuss and consider establishing the Early Voting Polling Locations for the November 7, 2023, Constitutional Election.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Election Day Vote Centers for the November 7, 2023 Constitutional Election.
13. Discuss and consider appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per Commissioner Precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
14. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), Budget Workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Approve Contract Agreement No. 17 with Texas Health and Human Services Commission for Home Delivered Meals Contract No 000167600.
1. Discuss and consider action to approve a method of procurement (Competitive Sealed Proposals) for the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funded Medical Examiner New Facility & Renovation Project; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
2. Discuss and consider execution of ARPA Engineering Work Authorization No. 2 with Govind Development, LLC. for the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Wastewater Line Replacement project.
3. Approve a method of procurement (Competitive Sealed Proposals) for the Hilltop Community Center Renovation; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
4. Discuss and consider selection of Urban Engineering, LLC for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230304-5/10 (RFQ. 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation- Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD)-funded project: 1. Banquete wastewater improvement
5. Discuss and consider selection of Adurra Group, Inc. for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230306-5/10 (RFQ. 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation- Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD)-funded project: 1. Banquete water infrastructure improvement
6. Discuss and consider selection of Urban Engineering, LLC for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230304-5/10 (RFQ. 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation- Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD)-funded project: 1. Drainage improvements around the area of Farm to Market 624 and Farm to Mkt 70
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with AHI Facility Services, Inc. for Janitorial Services for the Nueces County Courthouse (RFP No. 3201-22).
2. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with Frontier K2, LLC dba Frontier Waste Solutions for Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Services for County Residents (RFP No. 3238-23).
3. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with Vulcan Construction Materials, LLC. for Aggregate, Type PB, Grade 3S, LRA (Limestone Rock Asphalt) (IFB No. 3237-23).
4. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with P Squared Emulsion Plants, LLC for AE-P Specialty Emulsion (IFB No. 3239-23).
5. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with Colorado Materials, LTD for Flexible Base, Type A, Grade 1 (IFB No. 3240-23).
6. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc. for HFRS-2 Emulsified Asphalt (IFB No. 3241-23).
7. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Agreement with Grantworks, Inc. for Grant Administration & Project Management – Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CBDG-MIT) (RFP No. 3228-23) in the not to exceed amount of $1,156,300.00.
8. Discuss and consider adopting an Order to authorize and approve the method of procurement (request for proposals) for Real Estate Brokerage Services to assist Nueces County in the acquisition of real property for Council of Governments - Method of Distribution (COG-MOD) allocating funding to Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation - Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD) infrastructure projects; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish notice; and the Court shall not delegate its evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Discuss and consider approval of quote from PerfectApps, Inc., for software for District Courts, County Courts, and Appointed Defense Attorneys, to automate the creation of, approval, routing and data export of Attorney Fee Vouchers.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider approval of HireRight background services contract, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider a $900 car allowance for Fiscal Year 22/23 for the Clinic Program Coordinator position.
3. Discuss and consider accepting Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD) Salary Adjustment – Directed grant allocations for Biennium 2024-2025 administered in accordance with rider 40 of the General Appropriations Act to support and assist probation departments with staff recruitment and retention strategies.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider the settlement demand by Monica Perez for claim dated June 30, 2023; and related matters.
B. Discuss and consider personnel needs at the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office; funding sources for office personnel; supplemental payments to the Interim Chief Medical Examiner; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 23, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular