1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. GENERAL INFORMATION REPORTS:
E. Approve the following Minutes:
1. Honoring Port Aransas High School Boys Basketball Team for their successful 2018-2019 season.
2. National Library week in Nueces County - April 7-13, 2019.
3. National Equal Pay Day - April 2, 2019.
4. Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month - April 2019.
5. National Crime Victims' Rights Week - April 7 - 13, 2019.
6. National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week - April 14 - 20, 2019.
7. Nueces County Safe Digging Month - April 2019.
8. In support of extending the Sunset Date for the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act, Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code.
9. In support of Senate Bills 443 and 540 - which provide for 5-year extension on property exemptions for disaster victims during reconstruction.
10. In opposition to House Bill 11 - which provides for the transfer of the driver's license function from the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
G. Approve the following "Outside Agency" contracts for FY 2018-2019: 1. Burn Pits 360 - Total $1,500 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 2. Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi Inc. - Total $1,100 County Judge - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $600 3. Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce - County Judge - $500 4. Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board - Total $1,500 Commissioner Pct. 2 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $500 5. Refuge of Hope - County Judge - $500 6. South Coastal Area Health Education Center (SCAHEC) - Total $9,300 Commissioner Pct. 2 - $3,800; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $2,000; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $3,500 7. Wesley Community Ctr- Total $2,800 (Corpus $2,300; Robstown $500) County Judge - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $800; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 (Split) 8. Westside Business Association - County Judge - $500
N. Authorize approval of contract with Balance Group of Companies, LLC to assist with the preparation, presentation, and adjustment of insurance claims caused by Hurricane Harvey.
1. Receive a presentation from the Nueces County Public Libraries on Dia De Los Ninos events, Saturday April 27th, 2019.
2. Receive a presentation on the recent activities of the Regional Health Awareness Board.
3. Receive an update on the "Cite and Release" program by the District Attorney's Office.
4. Receive an update on Sheriff and Constable fees from January 1, 2019.
5. Discuss, consider and receive update on status of Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) grant, administered by U.S. Fish and Wildlife, related to 2010 Bob Hall Pier Pavilion Expansion, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider participation in the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code, and certify the purpose of the use of the funds in compliance with the provisions of Section 381.004 of the Texas Local Government Code.
7. Discuss and consider allocation of the Family Protection Fee Fund to the following agencies: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend, Family Counseling Service, Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board, The ARK Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter and The Purple Door; Approve FY18/19 Contracts.
8. Discuss and consider an agreement with the City of Port Aransas to provide Lifeguard services at I.B. Magee Beach Park for the 2019 Summer Season starting June 1st 2019 through September 3rd 2019.
9. Discuss and consider execution of Amendment No. 2 to the Texas General Land Office - Beach Cleaning and Maintenance Assistance Agreement (GLO Contract No. 16-124-009).
10. Discuss and consider approval of Data Use Agreement with the Texas Health and Human Services related to HHS Co. 000167600 for provision of Home Delivered Meals.
11. Rescind Northwest Corpus Christi Little Miss Kickball License Agreement approved March 27, 2019; discuss and consider approval of updated License Agreement with Northwest Corpus Christi Little Miss Kickball.
12. Discuss and consider hiring Craig Enoch and his firm Enoch Kever PLLC to provide legal services related to proposed San Patricio/ Nueces County boundary dispute and tax legislation and related matters; authorize execution of engagement letter.
1. Authorize execution of a Renewal and Extension Agreement for Professional Services with Justice Benefits, Inc. (JBI).
1. Discuss and consider approval to sign and accept the roof repair and rehabilitation warranty from DLJ Commercial Roofing LLC (DLJ) at the Polston Building.
2. Discuss and consider approval to sign and accept the roof repair and rehabilitation warranty from DLJ Roofing, LLC (DLJ) at the Juvenile Justice Center.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for the City of Corpus Christi, to resurface and reconstruct Newport Pass Road inside the existing footprint to facilitate improved beach access by the City of Corpus Christi (DPP #0219-01p). The project includes water lines for showers and restrooms on the shoulder inside the existing footprint.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for the City of Corpus Christi, to resurface and reconstruct Zahn Road inside the existing footprint to facilitate improved beach access by the City of Corpus Christi (DPP #0219-02p). The project includes water lines for showers and restrooms on the shoulder inside the existing footprint.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 11 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve monthly financial report for the month of February 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
C. Discuss and consider termination of the contract with JKS Engineering Company regarding the IB McGee RV Park and Expansion Project, and related matters.
D. Consult with the County Attorney regarding Morrisey v. Nueces County Civil Service Commission, Cause No. 2015-DCV-5630-H, 347th District Court, Nueces County, Texas; on appeal in No. 13-18-00560-CV, 13th Court of Appeals; consider settlement demand, take action and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 10, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular