1. CALL TO ORDER
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss and consider adopting an Order, pursuant to section 251.013 of the Texas Transportation Code, changing the name of a portion of County Road 22 (running from County 43 westward to County Road 51) to “London Family Road, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider adopting a Resolution, pursuant to Section 43.1055 of the Texas Local Government Code, to formally request the City of Corpus Christi to annex a portion of County Road 22 (running from County Road 43 westward to County Road 51), and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider rejecting all bids for Employee Benefits Management and Consulting Services (RFP No. 3244-23).
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
4. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Special Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
5. BUDGET WORKSHOP: The Court will discuss matters related to the 2023-2024 Budget.
Aug 17, 2023 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting & Budget Workshop