1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
E. BUDGET WORKSHOP WILL BEGIN AT 9:00 A.M. The Court will discuss matters related to the 2023-2024 Budget. CLOSE BUDGET WORKSHOP AND CONVENE REGULAR MEETING AT 11:00 A.M.
1. Recognizing the Calallen Lady Cats Softball Team as the 2023 3A State Champions!
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List dated August 9, 2023.
1. Receive a presentation from the Texas General Land Office on innovative, low-cost ways to manage storm water and flood control.
2. Receive update on Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Street Improvement Fund available balance as of August 9th, 2023.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a sole source purchase and service agreement with Data Business Equipment, Inc. for one (1) CCR-1600 Cash Drawer Automation and Management System for the Nueces County Tax Assessor/Collector’s Office in the amount of $53,805.
4. Discuss and consider out-of-county autopsies, and any related matters.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Emergency Service District (ESD) #2 Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for Fire Calls in Unincorporated Areas of Nueces County, and any related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between People Assisting Animal Control (PAAC) and Nueces County, and any related matters.
8. Discuss and consider selection of LJA Engineering, Inc., for Engineering Services under (RFQ3232-23) for the ARPA-funded Project, Amistad Veterans Memorial Park improvements.
9. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230307-5/10 (RFQ 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded project: 1. Golden Acres Drainage
10. Discuss and consider selection of Ardurra Group, Inc for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230306-5/10 (RFQ No. 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded project: 1. Belk Lane
11. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), Budget Workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 3 between Nueces County and CLK Architects & Associates, Inc. for the Nueces County ADA Modifications Project.
2. Discuss and consider options for the relocation of the Social Services and Veterans Services offices to the Nueces County Courthouse, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider adopting Order to authorize and approve the method of procurement (request for proposals) for Real Estate Brokerage Services to assist Nueces County in the acquisition of real property for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funded infrastructure projects; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish notice; and delegate evaluation authority to a selection committee.
2. Discuss and consider recommendation to reject all bids for RFP No. 3225-23 Administration of Nueces County Colonia Self-Help Program; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to obtain competitive quotes pursuant to Texas Local Government Code 262.0245 and the adopted procedures for the purchase of an item for which the county receives no responsive bid.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Patillo, Brown, & Hill L.L.P. for Auditing Services (RFP No. 3242-23).
4. Discuss and consider authorizing entry of a purchase order in the amount of $519,279.00, to be paid utilizing ARPA funds, and to be made out to the licensed dealer of chassis, Longhorn International Trucks, LTD, for (1) new Hydro Vac Truck with Tanks and Hoses (RFP 3212-22 C) that Commissioners Court awarded to Texas Pack and Load ER Sales, Inc. on May 24, 2023 (Agenda Item 3.C.1.) in order to comply with Texas Occupations Code Sec. 2301.252.
1. Receive calculations of the no-new revenue tax rate, the voter-approval tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2023.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a Letter of Engagement Renewal Amendment No. 2 with Collier, Johnson & Woods, P.C. for RFQ No. 3175-21 Certified Public Accountant for Assisting with Administration of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Change Order No. 2 to the contract with Alight Solutions for Enterprise Resource Planning Software and Replacement of Timeclocks (RFP No. 3193-22) in order to add Check Layout / Electronic Payment Remittance to Nueces County’s current subscription.
4. Approve Budget Change Order No. 19 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider approval of HireRight background services contract, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the Chief Information Officer to submit a Letter of Termination to Televon for the Telecom Management Services Agreement, and authorize the County Judge to sign the Letter of Termination, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing the Chief Information Officer to submit a Letter of Termination to Shred-It for the Customer Service Agreement – Regular Service, and authorize the County Judge to sign the Letter of Termination, and related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Discuss legalities of Nueces County Medical Examiner's contract, and related matters (Tex. Gov't Code § 551.071).
C. Consult with legal in regards to what personnel has badge access to Commissioners Court offices and County Judges Offices (Tex. Gov't Code § 551.076).
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 09, 2023 Commissioners Court - Budget Workshop & Regular Meeting