1. CALL TO ORDER
E. Introduction of Chief Executive Officer of Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA), Derrick Majchszak.
1. In recognition of Idalia G. Harvey's 26 years of service to Nueces County.
2. In recognition of Jo Ann Beltran's 16 years of service to Nueces County.
1. August - Health Awareness Month Proclamation
H. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive information from Noe Hinojosa, Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc, on County's financial overview and potential consequences of contested property tax values, and what financial options are available for Nueces County, and other related matters.
2. Discuss and consider adopting resolution in opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) rate increases.
3. Discuss and consider approving Nueces County's commitment for county's membership contribution for Fiscal Year 2023-2024, providing the same funding base amount of $1,765,296 for the operation of the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider the Nueces County costs for the Medical Examiner's Office to perform out-of-county autopsies for counties participating in an interlocal agreement; discuss and consider the unpaid invoices and outstanding balance for Brooks County to Nueces County for autopsies provided pursuant to an interlocal agreement; and any related matters.
5. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers for Engineering Services, under Master Services Contract No. 20230259-4/26 (RFQ 3232-23), for the following ARPA-funded projects: 1. Tierra Grande 2. Belk Lane
6. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development, LLC for Engineering Services under Master Service Contract No. 20230259-4/26 (RFQ 3232-23) for the ARPA-funded Project, Amistad Veterans Memorial Park improvements.
7. Discuss and consider selection of Ardurra Group Inc. for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230306-5/10 (RFQ 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded projects: 1. Golden Acres Drainage 2. Colonias Septic Tank Study and Rehabilitation Phase I 3. Colonias Septic Tank Rehabilitation Phase II
8. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Services under Master Services Contract No. 20230307-5/10 (RFQ No. 3222-22) for the following Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)-funded projects: 1. Tierra Grande 2. Petronila Estates 3. Belk Lane
9. Discuss and consider selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for engineering and construction rehabilitation of CR 18 Bridge located at the intersection of CR 18 and CR65, and other related matters.
10. Discuss and consider allowing county staff to proceed with the process of renaming County Road 22 between County Road 43 and County Road 51, including authorizing notice to be posted pursuant to Texas Transportation Code 251.013, and all related matters.
11. Discuss and consider allocating $70,000 additional ARPA Pct 4 Funds to Parker Pool Project.
12. Discuss and consider allocating $20,000 to the Nueces County Veterans Services Department for Wreaths Across America Veterans program for 2024-2025 from Precinct 4 ARPA funds and all related matters.
13. Discuss and consider allocating ARPA Precinct 4 funds in the amount of $49,500 as a one time allocation to the Veterans Band of Corpus Christi Non-Profit and related matters.
14. Receive updated ARPA balances for precinct and county-wide projects; discuss and consider eligibility requirements for subawards to subrecipients under Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Part 200; discuss and consider taking action regarding allocation plans/processes of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to the following projects: 1. City of Driscoll: $1,000,000 allocated 2. CENIKOR Foundation: $1,000,000 allocated 3. Nueces County Water Control and Improvement District No. 3 (WCID #3): $1,000,000 allocated
15. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development LLC for development of plans and specification to replace wastewater pipes in the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Facilities; discuss and consider allocation of ARPA funds for replacement of wastewater pipes in Nueces County Courthouse and Jail Facilities project, and related matters.
16. Discuss and consider the allocation of ARPA funds towards current ARPA Public Sector Positions for Fiscal Year 2023-2024 / Fiscal Year 2024-2025 and other related matters.
17. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date(s), Budget Workshop date(s), and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approving a funding source for the construction of a second courtroom for County Court of Law No. 5 and Architectural fees associated with this project, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for Engineering Services for Padre Balli and IB Magee Beach Parks Improvements under RESTORE Act Grant funding; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Vulcan Construction Materials, LLC. for Aggregate, Type PB, Grade 3S, LRA (Limestone Rock Asphalt) (IFB No. 3237-23).
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc. for HFRS-2 Emulsified Asphalt (IFB No. 3241-23).
4. Discuss and consider award and execution of an Agreement with Arguindegui Oil Co. II Ltd. for Bulk Diesel and Unleaded Fuel Contract (IFB No. 3236-23). Expense is paid by the user department's budgeted funds.
5. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a cooperative contract purchase with Coastal Office Solutions, Inc. under Omnia Partners HON Contract No. R191804 in the amount of $88,233.75 for District Attorney’s Office furniture, funded by Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) funds.
6. Discuss and consider conditional selection of South Texas Building Partners, Inc. for Nueces County 6th Floor Renovations - Public Defenders Office (IFB No. 3243-23) and related matters.
1. Authorize the renewal of Texas DIR contract DIR-TSO-4227 with Vertosoft for OpenGov Software for the amount of $53,394.72 from Auditor's Office (1250) budgeted funds.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
3. Approve Capital Budget Change Order #123.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving renewals for the services listed below for the Nueces County Employee Self-Funded Group Health program and ancillary services. 1. National Network, and/or Local Network and Secondary (Wrap) Network, or other Network Services; 2. Third party administration (TPA); 3. Disease Management, Pre-Certification Utilization Program; and Wellness Program; 4. Cobra-HIPAA Administration; 5. Cafeteria Plan Section 125 Plan Administrator; 6. Pharmacy Benefit Management Program (PBM); 7. Ancillary benefits including Group Term Life Insurance;
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving renewal with Aetna Life Insurance Company under Boon-Chapman Benefits Administrators for RFP No. 3109-19 Aggregate and Specific Re-Insurance (Stop Loss) as part of the employee Health Plan of medical & pharmacy benefits.
1. Discuss and consider authorization and approval of execution of lease with Ricoh USA, Inc. (TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 616-20) to lease one (1) copier for the County Judge and County Commissioners; authorize and approve Addendum No. 74 to add this new copier to the existing Ricoh Master Services Maintenance Agreement #OS858.
2. Discuss and consider approval of method of procurement IFB (invitation for bids) for Modernization of Technology Infrastructure for Cybersecurity Equipment; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jul 26, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular