1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of Tomas Ramirez Lucio, Jr.'s 26 years of service to Nueces County.
2. In recognition of the Nueces County Historical Commission for the 2022 Distinguished Service Award as presented by the Texas Historical Commission.
3. In recognition of the Annaville Fire Department for their instruction and certification of CPR/First Aid/Automated External Defibrillator/Stop the Bleed classes to more than 40 Nueces County employees.
1. In recognition of the month of July 2023 as "Minority Mental Health Awareness Month".
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List for Lockwood Andrews & Newnam dated July 12, 2023.
F. Authorize escrow disbursement request #14 in the amount of $387,878.99 from Banc of America Public Capital Corp., Payable to "ABM Building Services LLC" for Nueces County Bundled Energy Solutions Project for Pay Application #20, Services Ending April 30, 2023.
M. Approve FY 2022-2023 Outside Agency Contract for $3,300 with Nueces County Junior Livestock Show (NCJLS). 1. County Judge - $1,000 2. Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1,300 3. Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000
Q. Authorize execution of Notification of $79,495.00 FY 2023 Funding (Street Improvement Fund), as presented by the Regional Transportation Authority.
S. Authorize the selection of International Consulting Engineers (RFQ No. 3232-23) for Environmental Services of colonias included in the Colonia Self-Help Center Program awarded through Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
1. Discuss and consider the following related to the County depository and the County and District Clerk Court Registry Funds: a. Qualification of Frost National Bank as depository for the County and the County and District Clerk Court Registry Funds b. Resolutions/Orders designating Frost National Bank as depository for the County and the County and District Clerk Registry Funds c. Resolutions designating signatories pursuant to proposed security agreement(s) with Frost National Bank
2. Discuss and consider approval for Nueces County to extend the deadline for outstanding invoices for Brooks County until July 31st, 2023.
3. Discuss and consider taking action in approving the grant-funded contract between the Nueces County Family Drug Treatment Court at County Court at Law #5 and Distinctive Counseling for mental health services related to child welfare cases; and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing County Judge to execute agreement, if necessary, with legislative consultants, Joel Romo and Patricia Shipton, for temporary services for any Special Session(s) called by the Governor that relate to Nueces County business.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Joint Application - Request for Exemption and Request for Approval of No Dune Protection Permit Required for Potential Wetland Fill - Mustang Island Section 2 Block 1 Lot 52 11.82 acres - DPP-04062023-na.
6. Discuss and consider execution of a real estate application with the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to lease 35.5 acres of property on the north boundary of I.B. Magee Park for a 25-year period at no cost.
7. Discuss and consider the ramifications of the upcoming 2023/2024 budget on all departments and elected offices and to provide as much direction to those offices as possible on the potential for budget shortfalls and all related matters.
8. Discuss and consider allowing county staff to proceed with the process of renaming County Road 22 between County Road 43 and County Road 51, including authorizing notice to be posted pursuant to Texas Transportation Code 251.013, and all related matters.
9. Discuss and consider authorizing selection of Ardurra Group, Inc for Engineering Services for Council of Governments-Method of Distribution (COG-MOD RFQ No. 3222-22) for the following projects, Golden Acres drainage and Colonias Septic Tank Study and Rehabilitation; and other related matters.
10. Discuss and consider authorizing selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Services Drainage Projects for Council of Governments of Distribution (COG-MOD RFQ No. 3222-22) for the following projects listed below; and other related matters. 1) Tierra Grande 2) Petronila Estates 3) Belk Lane
11. Discuss and consider authorizing selection of International Consulting Engineers (ICE) for Engineering Services Drainage Projects for Infrastructure Projects (ARPA RFQ No. 3232-23) for Tierra Grande and Belk Lane; and other related matters.
12. Receive presentation of the 2021-2022 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report to the court by Dale Atchley, Nueces County Auditor.
13. Discuss and consider reappointment of Nueces County Animal Services advisory board positions with terms that expired September 30, 2022; discuss and consider approving additional board members for Animal Services board and appointment of new applicants, and all related matters.
14. Discuss and consider annexation of CR 22 area; and all related matters.
15. Discuss and consider upcoming Commissioners Court meeting date, Budget Workshop dates, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution to work with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to develop an advance funding agreement for the Highway Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation Program (HBRRP) related to CR 18 (CR 232); 100% federally funded.
2. Discuss and consider adopting a resolution to work with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to develop an advance funding agreement for the Highway Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation Program (HBRRP) related to Bridge CR 18 (CR 218); 100% federally funded.
3. Discuss and consider execution of Work Authorization No. 1 for $79,350.00 with Govind Development for Stonegate Drainage Improvements allocated from ARPA funding.
4. Discuss and consider selection of Freese and Nichols, Inc. for development of drainage improvements within the South Prairie Unit 2 Subdivision watershed.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Freese and Nichols, Inc. for development of the retention/detention pond and associated drainage improvements at the Santa Maria Subdivision, and all related matters.
6. Discuss and consider the selection of Urban Engineering, LLC for development of drainage improvements within the Nottingham Acres Subdivision watershed.
7. Discuss and Consider authoring and approving an Omnia Partners Cooperative Contract No. R200502, for $57,659.96 with ThyssenKrupp Elevator (TKE) for labor and material needed to repair Nueces County Jail Elevators No. 7 & No. 8.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving County Judge to be an authorized signer for Enterprise Fleet Management lease schedules and maintenance agreements.
2. Discuss and consider award and execution of a Software License Agreement for Case Management Software for Medical Examiner (ARPA) RFP No. 3224-23 with Quincy Technology Solutions, Inc. in the amount $96,395.00.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Frontier K2, LLC dba Frontier Waste Solutions for Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Services for County Residents (RFP No. 3238-23).
4. Discuss and consider conditional selection of P Squared Emulsion Plants, LLC for AE-P Specialty Emulsion (IFB No. 3239-23).
5. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Colorado Materials, LTD for Flexible Base, Type A, Grade 1 (IFB No. 3240-23).
6. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with Archangel Mortuary Transport for Morgue Transport Services (RFP No. 3134-20).
7. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Tetra Tech, Inc. for Disaster Debris Monitoring Services (RFP No. 3182-21).
8. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving the Purchasing Agent to conduct a public online auction with Rene Bates Auctioneers for County Surplus and/or Salvage Property; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
9. Discuss and consider method of procurement RFP (request for proposals) for Jail Diversion Program Services; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an Order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve Budget Change order No. 17 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Workday background check integration costs of $5,000; discuss and consider approval of contract for HireRight background services, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider reclassification of Emergency Management Coordinator position from pay group 32 to pay group 36 from salary savings from vacant position and deleting Emergency Management Specialist position; Discuss and consider Chief Executive to County Judge assuming 50% of duties of the Emergency Management Coordinator position through FYE 22/23.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider taking action on the claim by Juan Pimentel dated January 28, 2023; and related matters.
B. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding settlement participation and release forms regarding settlement offers in the matter of Texas opioid multi-district litigation, County of Nueces v. Purdue Pharma, Inc., et al., Multi-District Litigation (MDL) Pretrial Cause No. 2018-63587, in the 152nd District Court of Harris County, Texas; authorize the Nueces County Judge, Nueces County Attorney’s Office and/or outside counsel to execute necessary settlement documents; and related matters.
C. Discuss and consider taking action on settlement offer made in Master File No. D-1-GN-16-000370; In Re Volkswagen Clean Diesel Litigation: TCAA Enforcement Case; 353rd District Court of Travis County, Texas. Transferred from: 2016DCV-0164-B; Nueces County, Texas and State of Texas v. Volkswagen Group of America, et.al.; 117th District Court of Nueces County, Texas; and related matters.
Jul 12, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular