A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
E. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
1. Approve Minutes for January 29, 2019, February 1, 2019 and February 6, 2019.
1. In recognition of Social Work Month which is March 2019 - "Elevate Social Work"
2. In Support of Amending Chapter 381.004 (b) of the Texas Local Government Code (Community and Economic Development Programs) to include an incorporated municipality of 10,000 or less.
3. In Support of an Additional Civil Case Fee for the purposes of construction, renovation, and improvements to courthouse facilities in Nueces County.
4. In Support of Legislation Authorizing an Optional Motor Vehicle Registration Fee.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider procedure for making appointments to boards/committees with vacant positions.
2. Discuss and consider hiring Steve Aragón and his firm Steve Aragón, P.C. to provide legal services related to proposed health care-related legislation to include County’s administrative role and obligations and related matters; authorize execution of engagement letter.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3094-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service for Coastal Parks.
2. Discuss and award IFB 3091-18 CR 35 Paving Improvements from Saratoga Blvd to CR 26.
3. Discuss and award RFP No. 3090-18 Sale of the Old Historical Courthouse.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with outside counsel on status of opioid litigation, Cause No. 2018CCV-61176-4 County of Nueces and Nueces County Hospital District v. Purdue Pharma LP, et al
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 25, 2019 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting