1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
1. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
2. Regional Health Awareness Board
3. Nueces County Child Welfare Board.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Authorize the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division for the Local Border Security Program.
1. Receive a presentation from Iain Vasey, President/Chief Executive Officer, Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC), on the FY 2017-2018 activities; and, approve FY 2018-2019 contract.
2. Receive an update from Flatiron/Dragados, LLC, on the progress of the new Harbor Bridge Project and upcoming road construction and closures.
3. Presentation of Financial Debt overview by Estrada Hinojosa, County’s Financial Advisor.
4. Discuss and consider amending the Nueces County's 2019 Legislative Agenda for the 86th Legislative Session of the Texas Legislature.
5. Discuss and consider creating a Nueces County Advisory Committee on Better Health Outcomes to review public health concerns of the county and make periodic recommendations to Commissioners Court.
6. Receive information on the creation of a Nueces County Industrial Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of Memorandum of Understanding for Services – Innovative Readiness Training Submittals (Nueces County and Texas A&M University - Colonia Program).
2. Discuss and consider the execution of an Interlocal Agreement between the Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation, Texas, and Nueces County regarding the Red Cord Diversion Program.
3. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution authorizing the submission of an application to the Governor’s Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Family Drug Court program.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of a resolution authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Governor’s Office, Criminal Justice Division for the Nueces County Truancy Prevention Initiative.
5. Receive information regarding the Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery funding available through the Texas General Land Office.
6. Receive information regarding a feasibility study for the Primavera Estates subdivision, paid for by the Texas Association of Resource Conservation and Development Areas, Inc.
C. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Discuss and award IFB No 3093-18 Laundry Supplies for Nueces County Jail.
2. Discuss and award IFB 3091-18 CR 35 Paving Improvements from Saratoga Blvd to CR 26.
3. Discuss/Award IFB No. 3094-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service for Coastal Parks.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 12, 2019 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting