A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags led by the Greater South Texas Girl Scout Troop.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Approve Minutes for January 7, 2019 and January 23, 2019.
1. Recognizing Girls Scouts of the U.S.A. 107th Birthday on March 12, 2019, by Girls Scouts of the Greater South Texas Council.
2. In opposition of any legislation that expands the membership of the Port Commission of the Port of Corpus Christi Authority.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Introduction of Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Queen Contestants.
2. Receive information from Nueces County Hospital District on proposed legislation relating to a hospital provider-funded Local Provider Participation Fund and consider related matters.
3. Receive a presentation on the Complete Count Committee (CCC), related to the upcoming 2020 United States Census.
4. Discuss and consider renaming the current "Civil Rights" county holiday to "Martin Luther King Day".
5. Discuss and consider approval of personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), for services related to the 86th Texas Legislative Session, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services, and other related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of a grant agreement accepting an award from the Texas Department of Agriculture Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of the grant agreement for airport fuel facility improvements from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 08 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 73.
3. Approve monthly financial report for the month of December 2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County Board of Commissioners
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 06, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular