1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
E. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive the annual report on 2018 activities of the Nueces County Historical Commission as presented by Anita Eisenhauer.
2. Discuss and Consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 for additional services and time extension to the Professional Service Contract with LAN Engineering for the I.B. Magee Multi-Purpose Office Building.
3. Discuss and consider selection of available options for the Nationwide 457(b) Employee Deferred Compensation Plan; authorize staff to explore method and timing of seeking competitive proposals from vendors for 457 Employee Deferred Compensation Plan; including the possibility of pursuing a joint plan authorized by Chapter 609 of the Texas Government Code.
4. Discuss and consider giving Christus-Spohn Health one or more appointments (voting or nonvoting) to the Nueces County Hospital District Board of Managers, including the possibility of seeking legislation providing for such, and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider amending the Nueces County Animal Control Order of 1991, to include provisions for holding time and disposition related to rabies and animal vs. animal biting; discuss and consider a six-month review of the entire Animal Control Order.
6. Discuss and consider approval of license agreements for use of the Richard M. Borchard Fairgrounds Venue with 1) London and 2) Agua Dulce Independent School Districts.
7. Discuss and consider selection of consultant(s) for the 86th Session of the Texas Legislature, strategic planning, consulting, and governmental relations services; discuss and consider narrowing down the candidate(s) to bring back to a regular or special meeting of the Court; and/or discuss and consider appointing a selection committee, and other related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of an interlocal agreement between the City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County for the MetroCom Dispatch Center Enhancement Project.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of a revised Statement of Grant Award from the Texas Indigent Defense Commission.
3. Discuss and consider the execution of a contract with the Texas Department of State Health Services under the Hurricane Crisis Cooperative funding opportunity for traditional vector control.
4. Discuss and consider the execution of an agreement between Nueces County and Texas A&M University, on behalf of its Colonias Program.
1. Discuss and consider approval to release the Septic System Bond for The Plains Unit 4 Subdivision as per Construction Agreement for the subdivision.
2. Discuss and consider approval to replace 5 of 9 Condenser Units for the Information Technology (IT) Data Center's Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System.
1. Receive presentation on (updated) November 2018 monthly expense report.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 72.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
D. Consult with County Attorney on the legal remedies involving the engagement letter between Nueces County and Patillo, Brown, and Hill, LLP, for auditing services including termination; discuss and consider termination of engagement letter, and provide notice.
6. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 23, 2019 Commissioners Court - Regular