1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of Margaret Sayers' 22 years of service to Nueces County.
2. In recognition of Robert Leal's 23 years of service to Nueces County.
3. In recognition of Corpus Christi Police Department Officer Shawn Barnes earning the 2023 Frank M. Adams Outstanding Volunteer Service Award.
1. In recognition of the month of June as "Elder Abuse Prevention Month".
2. In recognition of Corpus Christi United Little Miss Kickball hosting 52nd Annual State All-Star Tournament, June 30 - July 2, 2023.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
E. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List for Lockwood Andrews & Newnam dated June 7, 2023.
H. Approve and accept donations for June 7, 2023, to the county in accordance with Texas Local Government Code Section 81.032.
N. Authorize the execution of Grant Agreement with Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation to sponsor the Keach Library's Summer Reading Program and Storywalk.
Q. Authorize execution of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)/State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) Beneficiary Agreement with Habitat for Humanity-Corpus Christi for $49,000.00.
1. Receive, open, and enter into minutes the applications for Nueces County Bank Depository, Nueces County Bank Subdepository(ies) and the Nueces County Clerk and District Clerk Registry Funds Depository, in accordance with chapter 116 and 117 of the Texas Local Government Code; Assign to evaluating committee selected on the May 10th, 2023 Commissioner Court Agenda for review and evaluation and provide a selection recommendation to the Court on June 14th, 2023.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for mitigation and compensation of previous impacts to dunes and dune vegetation in violation of the Nueces County Beach Management Plan and Texas Administrative Code (DPP-202302-02) located at 16562 Park Road 22, Corpus Christi, TX.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing request for funding from the Nueces County Hospital District for Public Health services and activities for Fiscal Year 2023-24.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement with TXDOT for Contribution of Right of Way Funds (Fixed Price) in the amount of $525,622.27 for Improvements to SH286 for Right of Way Acquisition and Adjustment of Utilities from South of CR18 to FM 70; and approve Resolution authorizing County Judge to Execute the interest-free annual installment plan paid over five (5) years; and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider approving and executing a lease agreement between Nueces County and Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation, Inc., for the Nueces County Show Barn Armory Building in Robstown, Texas, in the amount of $4,140.31 per month, effective June 1st, 2023.
6. Discuss and consider participation in the unclaimed capital credits received by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts from electric cooperatives under Section 74.602 of the Texas Property Code, and certify the purpose of the use of the funds in compliance with the provisions of the Texas Local Government Code Section 381.004.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing FY22/23 $30,000 budgeted allocation from the Family Protection Fee Account; Authorize Family Protection Fee contracts for $5,000.00 each to the following (6) agencies: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of the Coastal Bend, Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend, Family Counseling Service, Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board, The ARK Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter and The Purple Door.
8. Discuss and consider allocation of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to Department of Public Works for Nueces County Courthouse and Jail plumbing replacement/repairs; and related matters.
9. Receive update of the independent analysis of the Nueces County Animal Services Board and Department; and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider amending processes, procedures and execution of ceremonial resolutions; and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider acceptance of Rabbit Run Drive and Coyote Trail into the Nueces County roadway inventory for maintenance, contingent the South Prairie Estate Unit 2 Homeowners’ Association completes drainage improvements as shown on the South Prairie Unit 2 construction drawings.
2. Receive presentation from Turner Ramirez on Constable Precinct 5 Calderon Building Renovations; discuss and consider approving recommended funding source; discuss and consider authorizing Public Works to obtain cooperative bids as the method of procurement.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Supplemental Agreement No. 3 with Hanson Professional Services Inc. to provide stormwater management services associated with the County's Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Multi-Sector General Permits (MSGPs) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit.
4. Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Tesla Inc. to accept donation of road improvements to County Road 30, County Road 79 and County Road 81 adjacent to the Tesla Facility.
1. Discuss and consider method of procurement RFP (request for proposals) for Jail Diversion Program Services; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an Order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 15 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 07, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular