1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of the month of May as "Foster Care Awareness Month".
2. In recognition of the month of May as "National Preservation Month".
3. In recognition of Tardive Dyskinesia Awareness Week May 1-7, 2023.
4. In recognition of the month of May as "Mental Health Awareness Month".
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List dated May 10, 2023.
S. Approve opening the bid process for applications for the County Bank Depository, County and District Clerk Court Registry Funds Depository, and County Sub-Depositories and set 5:00 p.m., June 5, 2023, as the time and date for the receipt of applications; Approve adding to the Commissioners Court Schedule, Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 to select Bank Depository(s); Adopt and order appointing a selection committee made up of Investment Committee Members including the County Judge, County Clerk, County Auditor, Commissioner Court Manager, and the Tax Assessor-Collector or their deisgnees.
T. Ratify local agreement between the Alice Police Department and the Nueces County District Attorney's Office for purposes of joint criminal investigations and seizures.
1. Receive update from legislative consultants Joel Romo and Patricia Shipton, regarding Nueces County 88th Legislative priorities including Bill Status.
2. Receive presentation from Jason Green, General Manager, RMB Fairgrounds on the RV Parking lot; discuss and consider use of space and other related matters.
3. Discuss and consider the Bob Hall Pier design from engineer and recommendations from Nueces County Coastal Parks Board and all related matters.
4. Discuss and consider execution of an agreement with Hanson Professional Services, Inc. for Engineering Services for Briscoe King Dune Walkover to complete engineering design and specifications for the rebuild of Briscoe King Dune Walkover, in the amount of $113, 800.
5. Discuss and consider approval of the transfer and realignment of two county positions, Mental Health Programs Director and Deputy Director to the Nueces County Outreach Medical Clinic including renaming their positions and job descriptions; and, other related matters.
6. Discuss and consider approval to purchase 36 additional Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for $74,941.84 with an increase in maintenance cost of $20,490.00. Total Cost $95,431.84. AED purchase to be paid by Capital Outlay funds for FY22/23, the increase for maintenance is not due until FY23/24 and will be included in the Risk Management department budget packet.
7. Discuss and consider approving Cooperative Agreement between Texas A&M AgriLife Extension and Nueces County.
8. Discuss and consider approving $10,000 in funding for the Coastal Bend Field of Honor at Richard M Borchard Fairgrounds, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approving $10,000 in funding for the Wreaths Across America ceremony managed by Veterans Services Office, and any related matters.
10. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices from International Consulting Engineers for October, November, December 2022, and January 2023, for Engineering Services for TWDB Tri-county Drainage Study pending back up information.
11. Discuss and consider whether, pursuant to Texas Government Code, 551.0725, deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the collective bargaining contract being negotiated between the County and the Nueces County Sheriff's Officers Association pursuant to Section 174, Texas Local Gov't Code, and related matters, based on recommendation of Special Counsel.
12. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices totaling $24,620.00 for COVID-19 and $1,155.00 for Winter Storm Uri from Hagerty Consulting, Inc., for services related to RFP 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider allocation of ARPA funds in the amount of $400,000 for costs related to ARPA position payroll through FY 23/24 budget, and all related matters.
14. Discuss and consider authorizing selection of Turner & Ramirez Architects (ARPA RFQ 3221-22) for the Oilbelt Complex; discuss and consider approval of execution of Work Authorization.
15. Discuss and consider authorizing selection of International Consulting Engineers (ARPA RFQ No. 3232-23) for the Nueces County Sunrise Pond Nature & Storytime Walking Trail; discuss and consider approval of execution of Work Authorization.
16. Discuss and consider road improvements needed on County Road 28 & 79.
17. Discuss and consider allocating $134,000 from Precinct 1 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to the Driscoll Drainage Improvement Project and related matters.
18. Discuss and consider allocating Precinct 4 ARPA funds for capital improvements to Parker Pool and all related matters.
19. Discuss and consider reallocating 2016 Precinct 4 Certificate of Obligation Funds from Project #19217007 and Project #19217008 to Parker Pool Capital Improvement Project #19217002 in the amount of $170,479.00.
20. Discuss and consider allocating $700,000 of remaining ARPA funds to each commissioner and County Judge for properly vetted and approved projects for their precinct and for the County Judge for a county wide project and all related matters.
21. Discuss and consider allocating up to $400,000 of the remaining ARPA funds that have not been allocated to a commissioner or County Judge or another project to retrofit space in the Nueces County Courthouse or any Nueces County building for Veterans Services and Social services and all related matters; discuss and consider assigning the County Manager to facilitate this project in conjunction with the Public Works department; discuss and consider hiring Turner Ramirez as the architect on this project.
22. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 with Turner Ramirez Architects for the Precinct 5 Constable Renovations project.
2. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving a sole source purchase with P2 Emulsions Plants, LLC for approximately 300,000 gallons, as needed of P2 Emulsion Base Stabilizer for the Department of Public Works.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Govind Development, LLC for the Mechanical Engineering Services
4. Discuss and consider selection of Govind Development for development of the retention/detention pond and associated drainage improvements at the Stonegate Subdivision (ARPA Pct. 1 funds allocated: $573,747.00).
1. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contract for RFQ No. 3233-23 Architectural Services of Infrastructure Projects (ARPA) with International Consulting Engineers (ICE).
2. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contracts for RFQ No. 3222-22 Engineering Services Drainage Projects for Council of Governments - Method of Distribution (COG-MOD) allocating funding to Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation - Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD) with the following: R. Gutierrez Engineering Corporation Guzman & Munoz Engineering, LLC/DCCM Urban Engineering, LLC/DCCM Freese and Nichols, Inc. Ardurra Group, Inc. International Consulting Engineers (ICE)
3. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contracts for RFQ No. 3223-22 Architectural Services Drainage Projects for Council of Governments - Method of Distribution (COG-MOD) allocating funding to Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation - Method of Distribution (CDBG-MIT-MOD) with the following: Ardurra Group, Inc. International Consulting Engineers (ICE)
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Discuss and consider action approving and authorizing the Department of Public Works to utilize salary saving from the vacant GIS position to fund consultant to assist with GIS workload.
1. Discuss and consider job title change for two (2) Senior Clerk positions (Pay Group 13) to Crime Data Clerk (Pay Group 13).
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider approving Flag for a Flag contract between Nueces County and Scripps Howard Foundation, the $10,000 funding request, and any related matters.
May 10, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular