1. In recognition of Emergency Service District No. 2, Deputy Fire Chief, J.P. Hominick's lifesaving actions performed at the Commissioners Court meeting on March 22, 2023.
1. In recognition of Robstown Early College High School's El Mariachi Sol Rojo "Distinguished Performance" at the Texas UIL State Mariachi Festival 2023.
2. In recognition of Robstown Early College High School's Luna Rossa Colorguard’s Championship performance at the 2023 Texas Educational Colorguard Association (TECA) Championship Contest.
3. In recognition of Robstown Early College High School's Red Star Indoor Drum Line's Championship performance at the 2023 TECA Percussion & Winds Championship Contest.
4. In recognition of the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Tennis Team for their outstanding season.
6. In recognition of the month of April as "Child Abuse Prevention Month".
7. In recognition of "National Library Week", April 23-29, 2023.
8. In recognition of "National Correctional Officers and Employees Week", May 7-13, 2023.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 2
2. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 3
3. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
4. Nueces County Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Board of Directors
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize the payment of bills - Special Motions List, Special Motions List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) dated April 26, 2023.
M. Approve Supplemental Agreement No. 7 for a no-cost time extension to the Engineering Services Contract with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam (LAN) for the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Office Building to extend the termination date of the contract to June 30, 2023.
N. Authorize execution of an agreement with Mott MacDonald, LLC for Engineering Services for Packery Channel Living Shoreline Project (RFQ No. 3203-22).
O. Accept for record purposes the following executed lease agreement for FY 2022-2023 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Hangar T-16 & Hangar T-17 - Guillermo A. Pliego
1. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County Public Libraries and Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities to identify and implement ways in which both parties can collaborate to more efficiently promote programming, services and informational support to mutually benefit the parties, the individuals served and the local community.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for mitigation and compensation of previous impacts to dunes and dune vegetation in violation of the Nueces County Beach Management Plan and Texas Administrative Code (DPP-202302-02) located at 16562 Park Road 22, Corpus Christi, TX.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202303-01) located at Lot 1-A Admirals Row, Corpus Christi, TX.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for the repair/replacement of a dune walkover ramp terminating on the beach and additional compensation of dunes and dune vegetation that will be relocated from adjacent to the walkover to the foredune area behind the proposed ramp. The project is located at 6109 SH 361, Corpus Christi, TX.
6. Discuss and consider approving and executing an Amendment No. 1 to extend the Office Lease Agreement between Nueces County and the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority for housing of the Nueces County Social Services Office and the County Veterans Service Office in the RTA Staples Street Service Center, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider authorization of County Judge's remaining ARPA Funds for Oil Belt Improvements.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing payment to Hagerty Consulting, Inc., for outstanding invoices related to American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding administration, and other related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices from International Consulting Engineers for October, November, December 2022, and January 2023, for Engineering Services for TWDB Tri-county Drainage Study pending back up information.
10. Discuss and consider the Fire Marshal position and whether the vehicle and other assets assigned to this department need to be reassigned in order to be utilized; and, other related matters.
11. Receive presentation on Nueces County Hospital District's proposed issuance and sale of Certificates of Obligation for improvements to the former Memorial Hospital campus located at 2606 Hospital Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas; improvements include expansion of the Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center and construction of new clinical and administrative/support facilities.
12. Discuss and take action on a Resolution by the Commissioners Court of Nueces County, Texas authorizing and approving publication of Notice of Intention to Issue Certificates of Obligation for the benefit of the Nueces County Hospital District; and approving an Effective Date.
13. Discuss and consider splitting Nueces County Voting Precinct 8 into an additional voting precinct to comply with Texas Election law (Section 42.031 of Texas election code reviewing precincts for compliance) and all related matters.
14. Discuss and consider amending Amended Guidelines for Community Use of Courthouse Common Areas.
15. Discuss and consider approval of Prosperity Bank request to host a lunch and learn event for county employees during the lunch hour to learn about a home ownership possibility program specifically designed to help families with their affordable housing needs, and other related matters.
16. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of resolution in support of an application for the Indigent Defense Improvement Grant Program available through the Texas Indigent Defense Commission.
1. Receive a presentation from CLK Architects & Associates regarding the Medical Examiners Facility Renovations Project.
2. Discuss and consider the selection of Hanson Professional Services, Inc. for the development of an Affected Property Assessment Report (APAR) for Nueces County; and authorize execution of an Engineering Services Contract with Hanson Professional Services, Inc.
1. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contracts for RFQ No. 3232-23 Engineering Services of Infrastructure Projects (ARPA) with the following: LJA Engineering, Inc. Govind Development, LLC International Consulting Engineers (ICE) AG3 Group, LLC
2. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contracts for RFQ No. 3221-22 Architectural Services of Infrastructure Projects (ARPA) with the following: Levy Dykema, PLLC Turner Ramirez & Associates, Inc.
3. Discuss and consider award and execution of Master Services Contracts for RFQ No. 3220-22 Engineering Services of Infrastructure Projects (ARPA) with the following: Freese and Nichols, Inc Hanson Professional Services, Inc.
4. Discuss and consider award and execution of a contract with Odessa Pumps & Equipment, Inc. for the purchase of two (2) new 6-inch diesel powered water pumps with trailers (IFB No. 3212-A) for Public Works.
5. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB No. 3229-23 Hazel Bazemore Park New Restroom Building.
6. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB No. 3231-23 Hazel Bazemore Splash Pad Project Precinct #1.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 12 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Approve the monthly expense report for January, February, March 2023 and unreconciled P-Card transactions for October 2022 to March 2023.
3. Discuss and consider approval of funding source(s) for the cost of transporting inmates out-of-county for the Sheriff's Office, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving Change Order No. 1 to the contract with Alight Solutions for Enterprise Resource Planning Software and Replacement of Timeclocks (RFP No. 3193-22) in order to add automated Workday supported software services to execute the Testing Phases of the Workday Deployment.
5. Discuss and consider allowing the District Attorney's Office to utilize salary savings in 3520/5110 to supplement Professional Services/ Special Personnel Services in 3520/5300 for the remainder of this fiscal year in an amount not to exceed $75,000.00.
1. Discuss and consider creating a Trial Court Coordinator and Witness Supervisor Position at Pay Group 22/01 to assist with the coordination of the heavy trial docket to be funded by the permanent elimination of one Asst. DA - Misdemeanor Attorney I position at Pay Group 31/01.
2. Discuss and Consider reclassifying the two Asst DA - Felony Atty V (Child Unit) Prosecutor positions which are currently Pay Group 37 to ADA VI-Violent and High Profile at pay group 39 positions. This is necessary to equalize the salaries of the specialized units. This reclassification will be funded by the permanent elimination of one Asst DA - Misdemeanor Atty II position. Salary savings for remaining FY 22/23 is $31,132.17.
3. Discuss and Consider creating an Administrative Secretary III position at a Pay Group 21/01 to be funded with the surplus funds remaining from the permanent elimination of the Asst DA - Misdemeanor Atty I position and the Asst DA - Misdemeanor Atty II position used to fund the Trial Coordinator and reclassification of the Felony V child unit prosecutors.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of reclassifying positions within the Nueces County Clerk's Treasury and Collection Department to be funded by deletion of the Sr Accounting Assistant position in the Treasury Department #1170, effective pay period beginning May 13th, 2023.
5. Accept for record purposes the resignation of Nueces County Emergency Management Coordinator; discuss and consider revision of job description of the Emergency Management Coordinator position; discuss and consider authorizing Human Resources to post the position, and related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss, deliberate, and make selection of Special Advisor for Governmental Affairs, and External and Internal Communications.
B. Discuss and consider appointing hearing examiner pursuant to the Nueces County Game Room Ordinance, Section 2.3, to hear appeal of permit denials for Game Room Permit Applications; and all related matters.
C. Discuss and consider the selection and approval of counsel to represent the District Attorney in the pending removal action.
Apr 26, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular