1. CALL TO ORDER
E. Introduction of new Human Resources Director, Timothy Salle'y.
1. In recognition of Zelda J. Olivares' 18 years of service to Nueces County.
1. In recognition of the Robstown Early College High School Lady Pickers Powerlifting Team winning the 2023 State Championship Title.
2. In recognition of the TAMUCC Women's Islanders Basketball Team on their successful season.
3. In recognition of AgriLife Extension Volunteer Appreciation Month.
4. In recognition of the month of April as "Beach Safety and Rip Current Awareness Month".
5. In recognition of the month of April 2023, as Fair Housing Month.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. South Texas Water Authority
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List, Special Motions List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Special Motion List - Banc of America Public Capital Corp. dated April 12, 2023.
M. Authorize contract with Robstown Area Development Commission (RADC) for FY 2022-2023.
N. Authorize contract with United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) for FY 2022-2023.
1. Receive an update on the Harbor Bridge Project.
2. Receive presentation from Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA) regarding their 2022/2023 Legislative Agenda.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing ARPA funds for the cost of transporting inmates out-of-county for the Sheriff's Office.
4. Discuss and consider paying attorney's fees relating to district attorney removal proceedings.
5. Discuss and consider hiring outside counsel to represent District Attorney Mark Gonzalez in the removal action currently pending in Cause No. 2023DCV0244G, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202210-02) located at 101 Mariners Drive, Corpus Christi, TX.
7. Discuss and consider Dune Protection Permit for Admirals Rows project and all related matters.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 9 from Mako Contracting to provide additional concrete repairs and the relocation of A/C condensing units from the roof to an elevated platform underneath the building to pass windstorm inspection.
9. Discuss and consider resolution in support of not limiting vehicular access on Padre Island National Seashore; and discuss and consider resolution in support of the current Sea Turtle Science and Recovery Program; and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider approval of contract Amendment by Coastal Bend Council of Governments (CBCOG)-Area Agency on Aging (AAA) regarding the meals program and Rate Negotiation Workbook.
11. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the Amistad Veterans Memorial & West Haven Splash Pads Project.
12. Discuss and consider approving Inland Parks American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocation and list for each of the assigned precinct projects as presented by Inland Parks Director; and related matters.
13. Receive update on COVID-19 recovery expenses from Grants Department and Emergency Management.
14. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices from Hagerty Consulting, Inc., for services related to RFP 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) and related matters.
15. Discuss and consider having all non-elected County Department Heads be direct reports to the Commissioners Court, with the County Judge being their first line contact/supervisor, and any related matter.
16. Discuss and consider installing Automated External Defibrillator (AED) devices in all county courtrooms and allowing Emergency Management Coordinator and/or Risk Management to assess the need, number of courtrooms and total cost.
17. Discuss and consider using 1115 Waiver Funds in the amount of $50,000 with regard to the Innovative Readiness Training (IRT) medical costs in order to have available funds going forward.
18. Discuss and consider a funding source for the installation of a metal roof and steel structure over the concrete ramp at the Calderon Building Clinic and other related matters.
19. Discuss and consider approval of 2022/2023 Amendment to Supplemental Pay Allocation to Dept 1325 as designated by County Attorney in accordance with Section 46.0031 of the Texas Government Code.
20. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of resolution in support of an application for the Indigent Defense Improvement Grant Program available through the Texas Indigent Defense Commission.
1. Discuss and consider execution of an American Institute of Architects (AIA) Service contract with CLK Architects & Associates for the Nueces County Public Defender’s Office 6th Floor Renovations.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 3 for the Nueces County Courthouse ADA Improvements and Upgrades Project.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing District Attorney’s office to increase their vehicle fleet size by two (2) additional units by allowing District Attorney to retain a 2017 Ford Interceptor and by accepting a 28th District Court award of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
2. Discuss and consider action to approve the execution of Agreement Amendment No. 1 for RFP No. 3217-22 Uniform Rentals, Floor Mats, Shop Towels, Linens, and Scrubs adding service to the Bishop County Building location.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Grantworks, Inc. for RFQ No. 3228-23 Grant Administration & Project Management – Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CBDG-MIT).
4. Discuss and consider conditional selection of Quincy Technology Solutions, Inc. for RFQ No. 3224-22 Case Management Software for Medical Examiner (ARPA).
5. Discuss and consider award and execution of a contract with Deere & Company via Tellus Equipment Solutions (BuyBoard Contract No. #611-20) for the purchase of six (6) new tractor mowers with rotary cutters (IFB No. 3212-B) for Public Works.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 120.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 11 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Medical Examiner's Office's recommended elimination of vacant positions and personnel changes, and utilization of the subsequent salary savings to reclassify some current staff positions.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Discuss and consider support of a resolution relating to the governance of the Port of Corpus Christi and all related matters.
C. Discuss, consider and take action on hiring outside counsel to represent Nueces County in Case No. 2022-CV-61337-4, Maria Krauskopf, et al. v. Nueces County, Texas et al.; and related matters.
D. Discuss, consider and take action on hiring outside counsel to represent Nueces County in Case No. 2:21-cv-00235, Margaret Mary Smith v. Nueces County, Texas et al; In the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division; and related matters
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Apr 12, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular