1. CALL TO ORDER
D. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
1. In recognition of the Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi Islanders Men’s Basketball Program for their successful 2022-2023 season and their exceptional performance at the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament.
2. In recognition of "Equal Pay Day" - March 14, 2023.
3. In recognition of "Gideon Day" and Public Defense Week, March 18 - 20, 2023.
4. In recognition of Vietnam Veterans Day - March 29, 2023.
5. In recognition of the month of April as "Safe Digging Month".
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Authorize contract with Downtown Management District (DMD) for FY 2022-2023.
O. Ratify elimination of the second tier of the restaurant facility at Bob Hall Pier.
P. Ratify reallocation of American Rescue Plan (ARPA) funds previously allocated to the second tier construction back to the precincts.
1. Receive a presentation from Louie Ray of the Nueces County Emergency Management Plan based on the Emergency Support Functions (ESF).
2. Receive update on COVID-19 recovery expenses from Grants Department and Emergency Management.
3. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices from Hagerty Consulting, Inc., for services related to RFP 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider support of H.B. 2993, relating to the eligibility of certain property located in a reinvestment zone for certain ad valorem tax incentives.
5. Discuss and consider support of H.B. 3262, relating to county or municipal regulation of mass gatherings.
6. Discuss and consider approval of license agreements for the use of the Lyondell/Haven Drive Fields with 1) WarCats Pony League and 2) Southern Attitude League.
7. Discuss and consider an MOU Coastal Bend Food Bank for the distribution of food boxes.
8. Discuss and consider execution of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Subrecipient Agreement with Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (MHID); and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider ARPA allocations for the Public Defender's Office space on the 6th Floor of the Nueces County Courthouse, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider the reallocation of Beneficiary amounts designated under County Judge and Commissioners Precinct 1, 2, 3, & 4, to the Nonprofit Fiscal Recovery Assistance Program.
12. Discuss and consider approving Budget Planning Schedule for Fiscal Year 2023-2024.
13. Receive and discuss the market rent analysis for the concession/restaurant at Bob Hall Pier; and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider an Interlocal Agreement with Nueces County Water Control and Improvement District #3 for the removal and demolition of the Old Show Barn horse pens.
15. Discuss and consider amending our policy to allow County Judge or Commissioners to serve on any Economic Development Council (EDC), and to allow County Judge or any Commissioner to serve as an alternate when designee is unable to attend, as well as any related matters.
16. Discuss and consider funding source for the 2023 Innovative Readiness Training (IRT) Nueces Medical Mission.
17. Discuss and consider allocating $1,100,000.00 from the 2022 PPFCO (Public Property Financing Contractual Obligation) funds to purchase election capital equipment for the County Clerk's Office; Authorize Sole Source purchase with Hart Intercivic for election equipment; and related matters.
18. Discuss and consider all advisory boards under the Nueces County Commissioners Court and any action needed and related matters.
19. Discuss and consider recommendation for appointment of two (2) additional Tax Incremental Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) #2 board members.
20. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code; and related matters.
21. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider extension of the January 2, 2023 through April 3, 2023 exception period in section 2.1(b)(4) of the Nueces County Game Room Regulations, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS) Contract #200-802 purchase from Doggett Freightliner of South Texas, LLC via Cooper Equipment Company for a one (1) New 3500-gallon Etnyre water sprinkler with all standard equipment mounted on a 2023 Freightliner 108 SD, Cummins 250 HP with an Allison 6 speed auto transmission.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Richter Architects for the Hilltop Community Center Facility Project.
1. Discuss and consider approving a GSA Contract No. 36F79721D0118 purchase with Apex Integrated Distribution for autopsy equipment for the Nueces County Medical Examiner Office.
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ 3153-21 Request of Qualifications and Approach for a Public Private Partnership in the Redevelopment of Historic 1914 Courthouse.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3233-23 Architectural Services for Infrastructure Projects (ARPA).
4. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3232-23 Engineering Services for Infrastructure Projects (ARPA).
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 10 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Approve Capital Project Change Order No. 119.
1. Discuss and consider creating and unfreezing a Micro-Computer Specialist position in the County Jail (Dept# 3720) and approve deletion of (2) vacant cadet corrections positions.
2. Discuss and consider the reclassification and re-organization of the Special Advisor for Governmental Affairs, Communications and Legal Affairs position, including job duties assigned, and related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and consider the County Attorney's Advisory on legal proceedings for Emergency Service District (ESD) #2 and all related matters.
B. Discuss and consider allocating resources to allow County Manager to continue independent analysis of the Nueces County Animal Services Board and Department.
C. Discuss and consider appropriate action pursuant to Section 174.102, Texas Local Government Code reconfirming that the Nueces County Sheriff’s Officers Association (NCSOA) has been and shall continue to be the recognized exclusive bargaining agent for the sworn, certified, and full-time law enforcement personnel in the Sheriff’s Office as well as the Constables' Offices for Nueces County, Texas, and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 22, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular