1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of Robstown Early College High School's El Mariachi Sol Rojo "Distinguished Performance" at the Texas UIL State Mariachi Festival 2023.
2. In recognition of Cesar Chavez Week (March 25 - March 31, 2023).
3. In recognition of March 2023 as National Social Work month.
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Nueces County Emergency Service District No. 2
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List and Special Motion List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), all dated March 8, 2023.
P. Accept FY 21/22 Nueces County Animal Services Report.
Z. Ratify the hiring of Branscomb, PLLC, to handle legal services to advise the Commissioners Court on matters relating to removal proceedings involving the current Nueces County District Attorney.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge, on behalf of Commissioners Court, to sign a letter in support of the Nueces County Hospital District's Appeal Summary to FEMA Region VI - Public Assistance Branch (Application #674808) for the social determinants of health (SDOH) analysis amounts that were expended by the Hospital District during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Discuss and consider approving resolution in support of Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA) exploration of grant opportunities (5339 (B) Grant) to finance Robstown Park and Ride/Transit Station Project to be constructed on County-owned property adjacent to the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Parking Lot.
3. Discuss and consider approving a Gordian ezIQC BuyBoard Contract No. 660-21 purchase with LMC Corporation for Padre Balli Office Building Renovations.
4. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the City of Robstown regarding improvements to Diaz Park, Portella Park and Kiwana Park.
5. Discuss and consider amending the Guidelines for Community Use of County Courthouse Common Areas, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider approving payment of outstanding invoices from Hagerty Consulting, Inc., for services related to RFP 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider any and all American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocations and other related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approval of the American Rescue Plan Act Subrecipient Policy/Checklist and Internal ARPA Forms.
10. Discuss and consider extending the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Beneficiary Nonprofit Application submittal deadline due to SAM.gov Federal Registry delays.
11. Discuss and consider ratifying the hiring of outside counsel Brian Gaudet with Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, regarding completion of the energy savings Performance Projects, related to the County's Capital Improvement Program, and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving execution of Agreement Amendment No. 3 with Aramark Correctional Services, LLC for RFP 3138-20 Food Management Program for Nueces County Jails for Sheriff’s Office, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of additional American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocated to Out-of-County Incarcerations (Sheriff's Office-Jail).
3. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving the execution of a contract with Axon Enterprises, Inc. (Sourcewell Cooperative Contract No. 010720) for the purchase of in-car cameras, body cameras, tasers and interview room technology for Nueces County Sheriff‘s Office, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Richter Architects for the Hilltop Community Center Facility Project.
3. Discuss and consider selection of plat options for subdividing the Old Show Barn property required for the development of the Nueces County Animal Care Facility.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing execution of an agreement with Rene Bates Auctioneers under TASB BuyBoard State Contract No. 620-20 for online auctioneering services.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 09 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 119.
3. Approve Final Budget Change Order No. 23 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
1. Discuss and consider the reclassification and re-organization of the Special Advisor for Governmental Affairs, Communications and Legal Affairs position, including job duties assigned, and related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
5. OPEN SESSION: Following Executive Session, the Commissioners Court will reconvene the Regular Meeting prior to taking any action(s) on matters considered in Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 08, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular