1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of Constable Robert "Bobby" Sherwood's 44 years of service to Nueces County.
1. In memory of Reverend Adam Carrington (March 16, 1962 - January 26, 2023).
2. In recognition of Texas Independence Day on March 2, 2023.
3. In recognition of March 4, 2023 as "March for the Vote Day".
4. In recognition of March 2023 being American Red Cross Month and Wednesday, March 22, 2023 being Red Cross Giving Day.
5. Adopt resolution in support of Texas A&M Corpus Christi's multipurpose venue project and efforts.
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motions List, Special Motions List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Special Motions List - Banc of America Public Capital Corp dated February 23, 2023.
M. Authorize award and execution of Agreement with LanceSoft, Inc. for IFB No. 3195-22 Personnel Services.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a Board of Judges Resolution in Support of Study of Counsel at First Appearance.
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of the resignation of Robert "Bobby" Sherwood, Nueces County Constable Precinct 4, pursuant to Section 201.001(a) of the Texas Election Code.
4. Discuss and consider appointment of Nueces County Constable Precinct 4 Deputy Christopher Stimson to Nueces County Constable Precinct 4, on recommendation of former Constable Precinct 4 Robert "Bobby" Sherwood, and pursuant to Section 87.041 of the Texas Local Government Code; establishing an effective date; and related matters.
5. Discuss and take action on request from the Nueces County Hospital District for assistance from legislative consultants Joel Romo and Patricia Shipton on pending House Bill 1489, which seeks to amend the purposes for which certificates of obligation may be authorized under §271.45 of the Texas Local Government Code, as well as any other related proposed legislation which may affect the Hospital District.
6. Discuss and consider approval for County Judge, on behalf of Commissioners Court, to sign a letter in support of the Nueces County Hospital District's Appeal Summary to FEMA Region VI - Public Assistance Branch (Application #674808) for the social determinants of health (SDOH) analysis that were expended by the Hospital District.
7. Receive information on the county's indigent burial and cremation program. Discuss and consider options for final disposition of paupers.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202207-03) located at La Concha Estates, Block 1, Lot 73, Corpus Christi, TX.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202209-01) located at Lot 5, Mustang Island Estates, Corpus Christi TX.
10. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202209-02) located at 113 Backside Drive in Lot 11, Blk 3 of Island Park Estates, Corpus Christi TX.
11. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the City of Robstown regarding improvements to Diaz Park, Portella Park and Kiwana Park.
12. Discuss and consider reinstating the Nueces County Insurance Committee with representation of Risk Assessment, Auditing, a Commissioner or Judge, and representative from County Insurance Broker (Carlisle).
15. Discuss and consider funding sources for the Hilltop Community Center Renovations for minimum LEED Certification and related matters.
16. Discuss and consider the hiring of Ricardo J. Navarro with Denton, Navarro, Rocha, Bernal, Hyde & Zach PC, Attorneys at Law, on legal matters related to collective bargaining, and related matters. Discuss and accept the proposed rate schedule. Authorize the Nueces County Bargaining team consisting of an individual from the following departments: County Judge, County Attorney, Commissioners Court Administration, County Auditor, Human Resources and Sheriff's Office.
17. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County and Youth Odyssey for programs relating to the Truancy Prevention Initiative.
1. Receive update from ABM regarding the Nueces County Courthouse & Jail Boiler System; Discuss and consider action related to project completion; and related matters.
2. Receive update from ABM regarding the Nueces County Jail Air Handling Units (AHU) and Smoke Purge System; Discuss and consider action related to project schedule related to logistics within the Nueces County Jail; and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Certificate of Substantial Completion for the Calderon Building Roof Replacement Project.
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Certificate of Substantial Completion for the Calderon Building Clinic Renovation.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Turner Ramirez Architects for Architectural Services for the Precinct 5 Constable Renovations; Discuss and consider approval of an Architectural Service Contract with Turner Ramirez Architects for the Precinct 5 Constable Renovations project.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3222-22 Engineering Services for Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CBDG-MIT) Method of Distribution (MOD) with the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3223-22 Architectural Services for Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CBDG-MIT) Method of Distribution (MOD) with the Texas General Land Office (GLO).
3. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for Grant Management Services for Disaster Recovery (ARPA, COVID, & FEMA Public Assistance Program funds), authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice, and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve Capital Project Change Order No. 118.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 08 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider the approval to use of salary savings generated by a current vacancy to cover the cost of reclassifications for the remainder of Fiscal Year 22/23 and reduce Social Services (4110) operating budget for Fiscal Year 23/24 by $550 to offset the reclassification costs.
2. Discuss, deliberate, and make selection of Director of Human Resources.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss and take necessary action to finalize settlement agreement of Mary Alexandra Medina's termination on August 2, 2022.
B. Discuss and consider authorizing settlement in Case No. 2021DCV 4839-H; The Estate Of William R. Durrill, Sr., Deceased vs. Nueces County, Texas and ABM Building Services, Inc.; authorize expedited issuance of settlement check, and related matters.
Feb 23, 2023 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting