1. CALL TO ORDER
1. In recognition of 2023 Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Queen Contestants.
2. In recognition of Naval Air Station Corpus Christi being awarded the 2022 Commander in Chief's Annual Award for Installation Excellence.
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. Christus Spohn Board of Trustees
3. Coastal Bend Air Quality Partnership
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
I. Authorize the execution of the Reinstatement and Amendment No. 2 with Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program related to the Packery Channel Nature Park project to extend the Agreement's termination date to June 23, 2023.
1. Receive update from the Nueces County Hospital District on the Memorial Medical Center demolition project being conducted by CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Corporation; demolition project located at 2606 Hospital Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas.
2. Receive update from the Nueces County Hospital District on the District’s planned expansion of the Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center located on the Memorial Medical Center campus at 2606 Hospital Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas.
3. Discuss and consider public application to close/discontinue/abandon a portion of West River View Drive, a designated road, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code Section 251.052.
4. Discuss and consider acceptance of a grant award in the amount of $1,750,000.00 from the Texas General Land Office (GLO) under their Project of Merit (PSM) grant program to Nueces County Coastal Parks for the construction of a parking area to service Bob Hall pier that includes all required ADA access components.
5. Discuss and consider execution of a grant contract from TCEQ in the amount of $7.5 million dollars for restoration and enhancement of I.B. Magee and Padre Balli Parks.
6. Discuss and consider approval and execution of 2023 Agreement for Interpreting Services between Nueces County and The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider adopting the ratification of the order for Emergency Powers.
8. Discuss and consider county allocation plan/process of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to charities, including eligibility requirements for sub-recipients and beneficiaries and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider any and all American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocations, and related matters.
10. Discuss and consider the allocation of ARPA funds, previously allocated by Commissioner Chesney, for Flour Bluff, London, Port Aransas, and Seashore Learning Center schools.
11. Discuss and consider updating Commissioners Court policies and procedures, including policy related to board/committee appointments.
12. Discuss and consider appointment of County Judge Connie Scott to Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 5.
13. Discuss and consider replacing the former County Judge on all boards, commissions and committees with the current County Judge and/or her designee.
14. Discuss and consider yearly written personnel evaluations and all related matters of all appointed department heads who report to the County Commissioner's Court.
15. Discuss and consider execution of Property Transfer form for a 20KW Single Phase Generator from Texas A&M University Property Management to Nueces County.
16. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing and approving the retirement and removal from County inventory, of Nueces County Sheriff’s Office’s law enforcement K-9, Nuve, Tag No. 64417; authorize and approve agreement for the transfer of Nuve to Nueces County Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Perez; and all related matters.
2. Discuss and consider funding source for body cameras, in car cameras, tasers and interview room technology for Nueces County Sheriff's office; and approve cooperative contract purchase method.
1. Receive an update on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program being managed by Social Services; discuss and consider whether to continue Emergency Rental Assistance Program including requesting additional funds, authorizing temporary workers, and related matters.
1. Receive a brief presentation of the Hilltop Community Center Facility from Richter Architects; Discuss and consider selection of LEED Certification options.
2. Discuss and consider the renewal of an expired drainage easement within Naval Air Station Corpus Christi’s Cabaniss Field facility, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approving a TIPS Cooperative No. 22010601 Contract with Johnson Controls (JCI) for the planned maintenance services of mechanical equipment for the Nueces County Courthouse and Jail.
4. Discuss and consider execution of a GLO Certificate of Construction Completion for the IFB: 3136-20 Nueces County Road Rehabilitation Project CR 67, CR 69, CR 77 and Bauer Road project completed by Bay Ltd.
5. Discuss and consider funding source for the continued temporary cooling equipment rental at the Keach Family Library.
6. Discuss and consider authorizing BuyBoard Contract No. 654-21 purchase from Firetrol Protections Systems for quarterly, semiannual, and annual fire alarm inspections and maintenance of the Courthouse fire alarm system.
7. Discuss and consider approval of a Goodbuy EZIQC Contract No. 21-22 7GCJOC2 with Barcom Construction, Inc. for the Nueces County Jail Steel Wall Repair project.
1. Approve execution of Amendment No. 1 to the Main Subscription Agreement (MSA) with Workday, Inc.
2. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB No. 3212-22 Water Pumps with Trailers, Tractor Mowers and Hydro-Vac Truck.
3. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services for Infrastructure Projects under American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
4. Discuss and consider method of procurement (request for qualifications) for architectural services for Infrastructure Projects under American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding; authorize Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve a monthly procurement card report ending for the month of September 2022 and year to date.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 07 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 117.
1. Discuss and consider approval of the plan to use FY 22-23 lapsed salary savings to fund the reclassification plan for the Medical Examiner's Autopsy Technicians for the remainder of this fiscal year; Discuss future funding through increase in revenue from the cremation permit fee increase approved by the Court on 10-12-22.
2. Discuss and consider the reclassification and possible re-organization of the Governmental and Legislative Affairs position, including but not limited to reporting to, additional job duties, etc. in the Office of Commissioners Court Administration, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider how the suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Personnel Policy Manual previously approved by the Court on August 29, 2022 is to be implemented, and related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
I. Consult with the County Attorney regarding legal matters related to 2:19-cv-0043, Diana Bond, Individually, as Representative/Heir of the Estate of Tami Bond and as next friend for A.R.B., a minor child v. Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; and related matters. (Tex. Gov’t Code §551.071).
J. Consult with the County Attorney regarding legal matters related to 2:21-cv-00235, Margaret Mary Smith v. Nueces County, Texas, Gage Matthew Hinojosa, Individually, Wellpath Recovery Solutions, LLC, Wellpath, LLC, et al.; In the Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division; and related matters. (Tex. Gov’t Code §551.071).
L. Consult with County Attorney concerning legal matters related economic development programs pursuant to Govt. Code Sec 381.004(b); and related matters. (Tex. Gov’t Code §551.071).
M. Consult with County attorney regarding legal matters related to hiring an in-house investigator for the County Attorney's office; and related matters. (Tex. Gov't Code §551.071).
A. Discuss and consider selection of Director of Human Resources.
B. Discuss and consider terminating all program management services on all county projects, change the Bob Hall Pier Project with project management services, and related matters.
C. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Judge, Precinct 4 Commissioner and Chairman of the Parks Board to meet with the Jones family including but not limited to Mr. Larry Jones and Mr. Brud Jones and any other family members that have legal standing in the Padre Balli dispute and all related matters.
E. Discuss and consider termination of agreement with Hagerty Consulting, Inc. relating to disaster response and recovery support related to ARPA, FEMA, and Infrastructure and Recovery Grant Support and related matters.
F. Discuss and consider taking action on demand dated January 26, 2023 in Case No. 2:22-CV-00112; Guy Williams v. Nueces County, Texas et al; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; and related matters.
G. Discuss and consider taking action on hiring outside counsel for A. Shaker in Case No. 2022-CCV-61337-4, Maria Krauskopf, et al. v. Nueces County, Texas, et al; In Nueces County Court at Law #4; and related matters.
H. Discuss and consider taking action on the claim by Juan Pimentel dated January 28, 2023; and related matters.
Feb 08, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular