1. CALL TO ORDER
D. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss possible projects for submission under the CDBG-MIT grant, including drainage projects.
2. Discuss and consider CDBG-MIT extension request, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider options for administration of grant funds, including a change to the administrator of CDBG-MIT and related grants, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202209-01) located at Lot 5, Mustang Island Estates, Corpus Christi TX.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit for large scale construction of a single-family residence (DPP-202209-02) located at 113 Backside Drive in Lot 11, Blk 3 of Island Park Estates, Corpus Christi TX.
1. Discuss and consider approval of a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for grant administrative and project management services for the Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) allocation; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jan 24, 2023 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting