1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. Approve the following Minutes:
K. Approve bond of Nueces County Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 3.
1. County Judge will administer Oath of Office for the Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Place 3.
6. Presentation and discussion from the Nueces County Appraisal District, Flint Hills and Valero on property tax disputes; receive update on pending dispute.
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
1. Continued Implementation of the Accident Prevention Plan.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
4. Discuss and consider the hiring of Ricardo J. Navarro with Denton, Navarro, Rocha, Bernal, Hyde & Zach PC, Attorneys at Law, on legal matters related to collective bargaining, and related matters. Discuss and accept the proposed rate schedule.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
L. Approve the application procedure for the following Nueces County Advisory Boards: 1. Nueces County Historical Commission 2. Christus Spohn Health Board of Trustees 3. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee 4. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners
2. Receive presentation from the American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas – Corpus Christi Chapter, on flooding and the need for improved drainage.
3. Discuss and consider approving a Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County for purposes of pursuing funding opportunities, an updated countywide drainage plan, reduce flooding, and improve water quality.
5. Discuss and consider approving the process for interviewing and selection of Director of Commissioners Court Administration proposed to occur at the December 5, 2018, Commissioners Court meeting
7. Receive a presentation from Wade H. Fjeld, Executive Director, Palmer Drug Abuse Program on the Agency's FY 2017-2018 activities; and, approve FY 2018-2019 contract.
8. Receive a report on recent activities of the Public Power Pool (P3) - Texas Conference of Urban Counties.
9. Authorize execution of Notification of FY 2018 Funding (Street Improvement Fund), as presented by the Regional Transportation Authority.
1. Discuss and consider the execution of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County and the Community Supervisions and Corrections Department in relation to the FY2018 Technical Support Grant/Pre-Trial Assessment Initiative.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement between Texas A&M University and Nueces County in relation to the FY2018 Indigent Defense Technical Support Grant/Pre-Trial Assessment Initiative.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing the submission of a grant application for the 2019-2020 General Assistance grant made available through the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans? Assistance Grant Program.
1. Discuss and consider approval release for Water Line Installation Bond for Royal Estates Unit 2 as per Construction Agreement for the subdivision.
1. Discuss and award IFB 3087-18 Solid Waste Collection & Disposal Service (Dumpsters) County Properties Only.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 03 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
B. Nueces County Child Welfare Board
C. Regional Health Awareness Board
D. Nueces County Emergency Services District #1
E. Nueces County Emergency Services District #2
F. Nueces County Emergency Services District #3
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Nov 14, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular