1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Approve the following Minutes:
E. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
F. Present the following Certificate(s) of Recognition:
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Accept the award and executed engagement letter with Pattillo, Brown & Hill, L.L.P. for RFP No. 3080-18 Auditing Services as approved by the Board of Judges for CSCD.
M. Approve the execution of Agreement Amendment No. 1 with Sec-Ops Inc. for RFP No. 3005-15 Nueces County Security Services (Courthouse, Juvenile Justice Center, Keach Family Library).
O. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for a waterline, a galvanized ground storage steel tank, booster pumps, and a hydro-pneumatic tank in Banquete, Texas; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
S. Ratify execution of engagement letter with Denise Cheney and the legal firm of Bickerstaff Heath Delgado Acosta LLP to provide legal services related to the sale of the 1914 Nueces County Historic Courthouse and related matters.
T. Ratify the execution of the Appriss Safety – VINE Service Agreement in relation to automated victim notification services.
X. Accept the following FY 2017-2018 Outside Agency and Family Protection Fee Reports: 1. Arms Wide Adoption Services 2. Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend 3. Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce 4. Del Mar College Foundation 5. Mission of Mercy 6. Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board 7. Refuge of Hope
AA. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2018-2019 at the Nueces County Airport: 1. Donald Bayne Horne T-1 2. Donald Bayne Horne T-10 3. Kevin Graf T-12 4. Estate of Frederick Alan Sternberg (Kyle Hoepner, son & executor) T-8
Y. Authorize approval of the Memorandum of Understanding between Nueces County and the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension for technical support provided by the Information Technology Department.
1. Discuss and consider appointment of Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 3, pursuant to Section 87.041 of the Texas Local Government Code; establishing an effective date; and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement for UAS Data Collection During Man-Made and Natural Emergencies.
3. Discuss and consider funding the Sheriff's request to construct a fence and electronic gate around a parking lot on the Southwest side of the Courthouse.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing submission of a grant application to the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) under the FY2018 State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) for reimbursement of costs related to incarcerating undocumented criminal aliens.
2. Discuss and consider the execution of a Notice of Sub-recipient Grant Award from the Texas Division of Emergency Management for the FY 2018 Emergency Management Performance Grant program.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 25 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
3. Approve Quarterly Investment Report ending June 30, 2018.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Oct 31, 2018 Commissioners Court - Regular