1. CALL TO ORDER
D. Adopt the following Resolution(s), Proclamation(s), and/or Order(s):
E. ANNOUNCEMENT ON DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Any Conflicts of Interest or Appearance of a Conflict of Interest with items on this agenda shall be declared at this time. Members with conflicts will refrain from voting and are asked to refrain from discussion on such items. Conflicts discovered later in the meeting shall be disclosed at that time.
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
H. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated January 4, 2023.
G. Approve application procedure for the following board(s): 1. Nueces County representative on the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation 2. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
L. Ratify Memorandum of Understanding between Banquete ISD and Nueces County to supply temporary school resource officer from American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding.
1. Discuss and consider public application to close/discontinue/abandon a portion of West River View Drive, a designated road, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code Section 251.052.
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Nueces County Commissioners Court Legislative Agenda for the 88th Session of the Texas Legislature.
3. Discuss and consider adopting a Commissioners Court Resolution supporting legislation relating to the use of a broker for the sale of real property by the Nueces County Hospital District.
4. Receive FEMA update on COVID-19 recovery from Emergency Management.
5. Discuss and consider reduction of the CDBG-MIT grant submission of the living breakwater island project, “Rincon Breakwater Oyster Reef,” from $98,857,651.40 to $14,000,000.
6. Discuss and consider allocating American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds ($135,000) for a pavilion at Kiwanas Park; Discuss and consider allocating ARPA funds ($220,000) for a walking trail at Diaz Park.
7. Discuss and consider allocating $600,000 to the Santa Maria Subdivision drainage issue to be funded from Pct. 4 $1.5 million ARPA allocation, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider an additional $30,000 allocation to the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation (CCREDC).
9. Discuss and consider allocating $200,126.40 from the 2022 PPFCO (Public Property Financing Contractual Obligation) funds to purchase capital equipment for the Medical Examiner's Office.
10. Discuss and consider authorizing the County Attorney to use salary savings as a funding source for the employment benefits associated with the one-time Hospital District supplement to the CA Office.
11. Discuss and consider action on claim by Robert Novotny dated December 7, 2022; and related matters.
12. Discuss, consider and take action on the settlement negotiation in Cause No. 2021-DCV-4839-H; The Estate of William R. Durrill, Sr., Deceased vs. Nueces County, Texas; and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider making a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for case management software for Medical Examiner; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve the monthly financial report for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Ending August 31, 2022.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 05 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 115.
4. Discuss and consider including 'Grants' on the Vendor Payments Exception List not requiring Commissioners Court pre-approval.
1. Discuss and consider temporary supplemental pay for the interim Senior Autopsy Technician currently performing Autopsy Technician and Senior Autopsy Technician duties.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Jan 04, 2023 Commissioners Court - Regular