E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
G. Introduction of CEO of United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, Al Arreola, Jr.
2. In recognition of the Honorable Sandra Watts of the 117th District Court for her years of service to Nueces County.
3. In recognition of Maggie Iglesias-Turner's for her years of service to Nueces County.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Receive annual report from the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County pursuant to section 62.117 of the Texas Water Code.
2. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement between City of Corpus Christi, County of Nueces, and City of Bishop related to consolidated emergency dispatch center services (MetroCom).
3. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Nueces County, Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities, and the Nueces County Hospital District; Agreement relates to the provision of Jail Diversion, Crisis Intervention, and Jail-Based Competency Restoration Services for the period October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023.
4. Receive construction procurement method comparison from Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN); discuss LAN and Shelter Planners of America recommendation for use of Competitive Sealed Proposals (CSP) as the preferred method for the construction of the proposed Animal Care Center in Robstown, and related matters.
6. Receive update from Project Manager on boiler installation project in Nueces County Courthouse complex, and related matters; discuss and consider any needed action.
8. Discuss and consider agreement(s) with the following related to a School Safety Technology Project: a. Banquete Independent School District b. Bishop Independent School District c. Driscoll Independent School District d. West Oso Independent School District
9. Receive Emergency Management Annual report.
11. Discuss and consider approval of BuyBoard Contract No. 597-19 purchase with ROMCO Equipment Co for continued rental of standby generators for the Nueces County Court House/Jail and McKinzie Jail Annex.
12. Discuss and consider interlocal agreement with the City of Robstown to provide Fire and Emergency Rescue Services to citizens of Nueces County living in unincorporated areas not within the jurisdiction of an Emergency Service District or area not within the boundaries of any other city entities for FY 22/23.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreements related to participation in the Nueces County Hazard Mitigation Action Plan as follows: a. Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 b. Nueces County Drainage District No. 3 c. Nueces County Water Control & Improvement District No. 4
14. Discuss and consider approval of Supplement No. 1 to Agreement with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) for Consulting Services for the Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HMAP) related to addition of local jurisdictions in the HMAP.
15. Discuss and consider County Game Room Policy with updates regarding process for application, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 67, County Road 69, County Road 77 & Bauer Road.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying Chief Executive to the County Judge/Public Information Officer position from a Pay Group 38 to a Pay Group 36 effective January 1, 2023.
2. Discuss and consider approval of advertising the position of the Chief Executive to County Judge/PIO; discuss and consider approval of advertising the position of Executive Secretary for the incoming County Judge, Connie Scott.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 04 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 114
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Dec 14, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular