1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of December 8, 2022 as "Special Hearts Day".
1. November 16, 2022 November 18, 2022
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider the renewal of Nueces County's Workers Compensation Insurance Coverages for Calendar Year 2023.
2. Discuss and consider order authorizing and levying an annual ad valorem tax in connection with the issuance of $5,060,000 in principal amount of public property finance contractual obligations to be issued by the county to for the purchase and installation of materials, supplies, furnishings, equipment, machinery, and computers information technology systems, applications, hardware, and software.
3. Discuss and consider order authorizing and levying an annual ad valorem tax in connection with the issuance of $5,585,000 in principal amount of limited tax refunding bonds to be issued by the county for the purpose of providing for the (i) discharge and final payment of the refunded obligations and (ii) payment of the costs of issuance of the bonds.
4. Discuss and consider requesting an extension of the beginning date for the Texas Indigent Defense Commission Public Defender Office grant from July 1, 2022 to November 7, 2022 and update designation of Program Director.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of resolution supporting increased state funding for the Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program by the 88th Legislature.
6. Discuss and consider concurring with Coastal Bend Council of Governments proposed Method of Distribution for declined/de-obligated Hurricane Harvey CDBG-Disaster Recovery funds resulting in a $61,000 award to Nueces County.
7. Discuss and consider reduction of the CDBG-MIT grant submission of the living breakwater island project, “Rincon Breakwater Oyster Reef,” from $98,857,651.40 to $14,000,000.
8. Receive update regarding incentive fee for 2022 for Global Spectrum Management agreement.
9. Discuss and consider supplemental pay for interim Human Resources Director.
10. Discuss and consider approving a 36 month contract with Thomson Reuters for West Complete Print (O’Connor’s physical books) for the County Attorney’s Office as previously budgeted for in the 2022-23 Budget and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider action approving and authorizing the County Attorney’s office to utilize salary savings and other budgeted funding within their Department to pay for both overtime and temporary positions as needed; and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider acceptance and approval of State Farm's offer of settlement for Nueces County's "total loss" property damage claim associated with a February 22, 2022 incident involving a Nueces County Sheriff's Office; authorize the County Judge and/or other appropriate County official to execute all documents as necessary in order to complete this settlement transaction; and related matters.
1. Authorize execution of Agreement Amendment No. 1 with Sec-Ops, Inc. for RFP No. 3158-21 Courthouse Security Services to add Nueces County Main Jail Entrance location.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Govind Development, LLC for the Nueces County Courthouse Roof Replacement.
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Certificate of Substantial Completion for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3216-22 Architectural Services for the Nueces County Medical Examiners Facility.
1. Approve Drug and Healthcare Cost Reporting (initial reporting due December 27th, 2022 and annually June 1st thereafter) by DrugCostReporting.com and Group Health Third Party Administrator (TPA) Boon Chapman in accordance with the "No Surprises Act" (NSA) which took effect January 1st, 2022.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 3 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
1. Discuss and consider job title change from Account Assistant (Pay Group 16) to Web Dealer Clerk (Pay Group 16).
2. Discuss and consider job title and duties for new position in Sheriff’s office related to Game Room Administrator, and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing the posting of the Human Resources Director position and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Felony VI – Public Defender position from a Pay Group 38 to a Pay Group 39.
1. Approve the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Addendum to the Master Odyssey Agreement.
2. Discuss and consider approving execution of "Discontinuance of Client Success Account Manager Agreement with Tyler Technologies".
3. Discuss and consider authorizing a Software License Agreement with TeamDynamics for an Information Technology Helpdesk and Project Management Software System.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal matters related to the claim and settlement demand of Audrey Perez on behalf of her minor child; and related matters. (Tex. Gov't Code § 551.071)
B. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal matters related to acceptance and approval of State Farm's offer of settlement for Nueces County's "total loss" property damage claim associated with a February 22, 2022 incident involving a Nueces County Sheriff's Office; authorize the County Judge and/or other appropriate County official to execute all documents as necessary in order to complete this settlement transaction; and related matters. (Tex. Gov't Code § 551.071)
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 07, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular