1. CALL TO ORDER
E. SAFETY BRIEFING
F. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the 150th anniversary of Kelsey Memorial United Methodist Church.
2. In recognition of Veterans Day, November 11, 2022.
3. In recognition of the month of November as "Alzheimer's Awareness Month".
1. In recognition of David Falcon Silvas 32 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. October 12, 2022 October 19, 2022 October 31, 2022 November 2, 2022
1. Nueces County Emergency Service District #1
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
J. Authorize agreement pertaining to Westlaw with Thomson Reuters, related to online legal research access, for use by judges.
K. Approve method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for School Land Lease; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
L. Approve method of procurement (request for proposals) for Disaster Recovery Management.
O. Authorize execution of Amendment No. 1 with B & B Restaurant Group LLC, dba Shoreline Sandwich Company RFP No. 3114-19.
R. Approve BuyBoard Contract No. 597-19 purchase with Cooper Equipment for 2023 3500 Gallon Etnyre Water Sprinkler for Public Works.
S. Approve Sourcewell Contract No. 080521-CFC purchase with Crafco Inc. for Super Shot 125 DC (Crack sealer equipment) for Public Works.
U. Approve Buyboard contract No. 649-21 purchase with Gulf Coast Paper Company (janitorial supplies for the NC Main Jail and McKinzie Jail Annex) Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
W. Approve application procedure for the following Boards: 1. Port of Corpus Christi Authority 2. Christus Spohn Board of Trustees 3. Nueces County Beach Management Advisory Committee 4. Nueces County Child Welfare Board 5. Nueces County Coastal Parks Board 6. Nueces County Emergency Service District #1 7. Nueces County Emergency Service District #2 8. Nueces County Emergency Service District #3 9. Nueces County Emergency Service District #4 10. Nueces County Emergency Service District #6 11. Nueces County Historical Commission 12. Nueces County representative on the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation
1. Discuss and consider public application to close/discontinue/abandon a portion of West River View Drive, a designated road, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code Section 251.052.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment 8 to Nueces County and Tyler Technologies, Inc. (Successor in Interest to Courthouse Technologies, Ltd.) Software License and Services Agreement of May 22, 2009.
3. Discuss and consider location and build out of Public Defender’s office space, including identification of funding for same, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider Memorandum of Understanding with Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group.
5. Discuss and consider whether, pursuant to Texas Government Code, 551.0725, deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the commissioners court in negotiations with Tesla regarding the terms of the Tesla Tax Abatement Agreement, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider terms of proposed tax abatement agreement with Tesla, Inc., and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider identification of LMI (Low to Moderate Income) drainage projects for submission under CDBG-MIT, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider approval of the Nueces County Commissioners Court Legislative Agenda for the 88th Session of the Texas Legislature.
9. Receive semi-annual update on activities of the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation.
10. Receive update from Project Manager on boiler installation project in Nueces County Courthouse complex, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider instructing LAN to remove an employee (Program Manager) from association with work performed for Nueces County, as authorized by article 13 of contract #20200245-6/25 for RFP No 3122-20 Program Management of Nueces County 2019 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Projects, and related matters.
12. Discuss and consider adoption of accounts payable policy in accordance with Texas Prompt Pay Act.
13. Discuss and consider county allocation plan/process of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to charities, including eligibility requirements for sub-recipients and beneficiaries and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider allocating $250,000 of ARPA funds for a mobile clinic for emergencies, first responders, and disasters.
15. Discuss and consider resolution requesting the City of Corpus Christi to formally annex a portion of County Road 51 from Farm To Market Road 43 to County Road 22 and County Road 22 from County Road 51 to County Road 47.
16. Discuss and consider approving any previously approved premium pay and other premium pay under the American Rescue Plan Act for elected county officials consistent with Opinion No. KP-0413, and discuss and consider authorizing all necessary related actions to accomplish the same.
17. Discuss and consider allocating $600,000 to the Santa Maria Subdivision drainage issue to be funded from Pct. 4 $1.5 million ARPA allocation, and related matters.
18. Discuss and consider funding the Nueces County RV Mobile Medical Unit for public health expenses, supplies, equipment and operation through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds in the amount of $100,000.
19. Discuss and consider allocating American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds ($135,000) for a pavilion at Kiwanas Park; Discuss and consider allocating ARPA funds ($220,000) for a walking trail at Diaz Park.
20. Discuss and consider approval of proposed 2023 Nueces County Holiday Calendar.
21. Discuss and consider appointment of an Interim Director of Human Resources for purposes of continuity of operations of the County.
22. Discuss and consider updates to the Vendor Payments Exception List.
23. Discuss and consider the final contract of Dr. Adel Shaker with Nueces County and an extension of that contract for the completion of out-of-county autopsy performed by Dr. Lyden for decedent Juanita Saldivar, and related matters.
29. Discuss and consider the dates for Commissioners Court 2023.
30. Discuss and consider next Commissioners Court meeting date.
1. Discuss and consider approval of TIPS Contract No. 220605 with Texas Chiller Systems for Preventative Maintenance Inspection Agreement for Public Works.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Govind Development, LLC for the Mechanical Engineering Services.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the 2022 Nueces County Substantial Damage Plan & Damage Assessment Packet; approval contingent County Attorney’s office review.
1. Discuss and consider conditional selection for RFQ No. 3203-22 Engineering Services for Packery Channel Living Shoreline Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of agreement with S & J Fence Co. to remove and replace a fence for Keach Family Library.
3. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB 3195-22 Personnel Services.
4. Discuss and consider RFQ No. 3209-22 Nueces County Robstown Area Neighborhood Development Project.
5. Discuss and consider rejecting all bids for IFB No. 3205-22 Sale of 1702 Amber, Flour Bluff Gardens.
6. Discuss and consider conditional selection for IFB No. 3217-22 Uniform Rentals, Floor Mats, Shop Towels, Linens, and Scrubs.
7. Discuss and consider rejecting all bids for IFB No. 3212-22 Water Pumps with Trailers, Tractor Mowers and Hydro-Vac Truck.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
2. Discuss and consider approving the Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement & Certification for Constable Pct. 3, Constable Pct. 5, District Attorney, and Sheriff Office.
3. Approve asset forfeiture report for FY 2022 for Nueces County Constable Precinct 1, Constable Precinct 2, Constable Precinct 3, Constable Precinct 4, Constable Precinct 5, District Attorney and the Sheriff's Office.
1. Discuss and consider creation of attorney and staff positions for Public Defender's Office pursuant to Texas Indigent Defense Commission grant.
2. Discuss and consider allocation of funds, including any American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, to provide for an earlier effective start date for a Deputy Medical Examiner.
3. Discuss and consider continuance of temporary supplemental pay for interim Office Administrator currently performing Medical Examiner Coordinator and Office Administrator duties.
4. Discuss and consider authorizing the posting of the Human Resources Director position.
5. Discuss and consider job title and duties for new position in Sheriff’s office related to Game Room Administrator, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider approval of the following two reclassifications of positions: 1. Environmental Enforcement Department #5220 – Two (2) Environmental Enforcement Officers Positions from Pay Group 20 to Pay Group 22 2. Engineering Department #0121 – One (1) Geographical Information system (GIS)/AutoCAD Designer Position from Pay Group 25 to Pay Group 27
1. Discuss and consider approval of agreement with Tyler Technologies providing for credit card services and terminals to be used by defendants.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Nov 16, 2022 Commissioners Court - Regular